Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Understanding my psychosis

@Kellyil I really don't understand much about Schzephrenia, so I can't help you with that.

I'm really sorry for what your son went through as a boy, but I'm sure once your sons brain is fully protected from psychosis, it will be easier to have therapy for his child hood,

but what can I say, I'm only a boy my self, so I don't really know the answers.

All the best for the future.

GO the crows!!!!

@Kellyil wrote:

Hi @Elliot  Oh wow Im an Adelaide girl! Go the Crows!! Thankyou for all your support. I am just jopinhg against hope that this is not a permanent thing which leads to Schzephrenia as I've been leade to beleive but more a drug induced episode which has all of the added issues of teenage stuff along with the hurt and anger my son has over his father abandoning him and tellig him at aged 10 that he was ashamed to call him his son. He needs help dealing and coming to terms with this and I belive then he may be able to heal. Thankyou I would love for you to stay in touch.

Thanks again @Elliot @I just contacted headspace and we are slightly out of the catchment zone but they will still hopefully be able to help sorry another question if you don't mind, with your episode that lasted a year, were you still smoking marijuana during this time or had you stopped but still had the thoughts etc 

Good afternoon @Kellyil and @Elliot. Welcome to the forums!

Its great to see you both connecting here and offering support and information to each other. I am just wanting to chime in here and remind you both of our anonymity guideline:

The SANE Forums are anonymous to help members feel they can share personal experiences without worrying about being identified. Your SANE Forums member name must be different to your own name and different to member names you have on other social media. You may have only one SANE Forums member account.

Do not publish:

• your name
  • your addresses - postal or email
  • your member names on other social media services
  • the name of your workplace, uni or school
  • any other information by which you could be identified in real life.

Its super important for everyone's anonymity and safety that members do not contact each other outside the forum or reveal identifying information. I realise it is tempting to get in touch when you connect with someone here on the forums, but please refrain from doing this.

Hi @Jupiter I'm sorry we broke the guidelines. Can i ask how do I start a thread? Maybe becuase I am sooo tired I don't know but I can't see to see where to start a thread for conversation?

No worries @Kellyil it's easy to miss the guidelines when you're a new member Smiley Very Happy

I responded to another post of yours explaining how to post a new thread here.

Take care!

@Jupiter  My apologies Jupiter, it won't happen again.

cheers 

elliot

No worries @Elliot

I hope you are enjoying the forums, have a great weekend!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance