Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Quitting smoking

Thanks @Shaz51 & @flipper

Plus I'm up for chat with anyone who desires to kick the smoking habit..

Hello everyone and @eth 

Golly, it took a couple of goes but I’ve done it. I am 9 and a half months no cigarettes and I am grossed out by the smell and thought of them!

I don’t want them at all. I think I have conquered the addiction, I feel as though I have at this point.

I’m currently in a bit of a low, so waking me up to this has been really helpful, thank you. I got an email that you’d liked the post right at a point yesterday when I was having a meltdown. Timing was critical.

So yay for the no smokes, but still trying hard to keep up all the positives and focus on the qualities I possess. Working hard to maintain the little good bits as highlights of days which can otherwise be overstimulating and confusing. I became overwhelmed yesterday, bringing back some symptoms, so I cancelled dinner and got into bed to relax my body and mind. I reflected and I was safe. Today was a new day and the sun was out and I called my support people to tell them about what happened.

I have actually been having problems with alcohol. I have just joined AA. I might a post about it later.

Good luck with the quitting smoking! It’s absolutely possible and easy when your mind is ready! 

Rosie

9 and a half months no cigarettes -- way to go my awesome friend @Rosie Heart

I called my support people to tell them about what happened.-- what did they say @Rosie if you don`t mind me

it is good that you listen to your body and mind last night and got into bed to relax your body and mind.

I have to remember with me with kidney disease and diabetes to listen to my body too and with my husband who has Bipolar 11 and other MI , I have to pick the clues that he needs time to relax too

Hello @eudemonism, @eth, @PeppiPatty, @MoonGal

Hey @Shaz51 turbulent times with my quitting smoking and withdrawing 😣 having cravings and doubts...

one step at a time my friend @eudemonism , sitting with you xx

replacing it with something else is hard , I am thinking of an etra walking in the afternoon to help my diabetes but mr shaz has kinda squached my get up and go

so I am with you xxx

Hi @Shaz51 they say even a few minutes of intense training a day will help with that sort of thing...

Hi @Rosie  check out Ditching the ciggers thread lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance