Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

It happened again

I'm re-writing this post because I feel traumatised and I don't want other people to feel traumatised from reading this.

It happened again. I had another bad experience with an organisation who was supposed to help me with my housing agency.

I watched the ASMR Reiki for Depression video and I'm feeling much calmer. I'm in bed with my Pug and I have a hot water bottle under my feet and and I'm drinking a cup of tea with honey. I'm going to watch another one of her videos now.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: It has happened again

Sending best wishes, @Arizona .Smiley Happy I'd send a helpful solution, too, if I had one, but alas I don't.

I was never able to get any help with my own living situation, either.

It feels as if the more people ike ourselves cry out for help, the less the world hears us. Or maybe it's just that we've grown hoarse from crying so much. I can't tell the differance anymore.

Re: It has happened again

Thank you @chibam 

I watched the ASMR Reiki for Anxiety video and it was very helpful.

https://youtu.be/VEEY_x3FhI8

Re: It happened again

I thought I was feeling better but I'm not. I started having suicidal thoughts again. I called a suicide line and they were surprisingly helpful. 

I realised from talking to the guy* that the mental health system is never going to help me, and if I want to get better then I'm going to have to find a way to do it myself.

At least I have a good therapist now. I haven't had a good therapist for over 20 years. So that is one good thing. 

I want to change/improve my life; I just don't know how. 

*He was very honest about the shortcomings of the mental health system.

Re: It happened again

@Arizona  am sorry you are not getting help with your housing situation 😞

Also that you felt suicidal...well done for ringing the helpline. I'm glad you have a good psychologist - that makes a huge difference I reckon. 

Good luck with your housing situation...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance