Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

wellwellwellnez
Community Guide

I'm starting to think that there are 2 "social battery" factors.

I'm a clinically shy person but sometimes I have plenty of social energy but still experience high levels of social pain. So the battery model doesn't always fit, or does it?

I recently learned about fast and slow twitch muscle fibres. Some twitch fast, some twitch slow and some do a bit of both. Slow twitching is aerobic, which means it burns oxygen. Fast twitching is anaerobic, which burns sugar. The sugar burning way has a bi-product. Lactic acid (or a "cojugate base lactate" (whatever that means)). Point is, if you're "quick twitchy" then over time you're going to have higher pH levels.

I think that's the other reason why we call it a battery. On a bad day it feels like D cells right on my tongue. Alkalising the 'ole diet and excersing with tai-chi like slow twitch intentions doesn't solve it all, still, I'd recomend it like heck for the toolkit.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I'm starting to think that there are 2 "social battery" factors.

Sounds good thanks for sharing @wellwellwellnez  food for thought

from your Clawde 👍

What is this battery model you talk about @wellwellwellnez ?

I wanted to find a link to reference the right thing I'm talking about, and this one came up. He's got a nice little "recharging" tip. After seeing his clip perhaps "resetting" is a better word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPOD5U_U5is

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance