Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

I'm feeling lonely

Hello, I'm feeling lonely. I thought I'd start a thread and see if anyone wanted to chat.

I'm in bed having a cup of warm soy milk with vanilla and honey. I'm very tired after a staying awake all day (since 2.30am). 

I just need to complain: I'm a night time person and I hate staying awake during the day. It's horrible. I'm so glad it's night time.

19 REPLIES 19

Re: I'm feeling lonely

Just about to take my meds @Arizona and then I will crash for the night but I wanted to thank you for the inspiration.

It’s a great idea to set up your own “mental health retreat” at home. Sitting with you tonight.

No worries @Eve7 . I hope you sleep well.

I hear you.

I have similar issues with my sleep too

And I can relate to how you're feeling

I am up for a chat

@Arizona 

Hi @Arizona 

Arghhh it's so frustrating to lose a reply to a post for taking too long or somehow mis-typing it into the message box (heavy use of the word "to" in that sentence). 

Anywho, here I go again but this time using a Notepad App on my mobile so I can simply cut and paste the text in.

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling lonely. I can relate.

Looking at the time I wouldn't be surprised if you are asleep by now, particularly since you awoke at 2.30am. If not, I'll be around for about an hour or so...

TakeCare, RedHorse🌹🐴

Hello @RedHorse and @oceangirl 

I'm sorry I missed your posts. I fell asleep.

I just got a text message from a friend, asking how I was. That was nice.

I do have some friends; just not like I used to. I have become very withdrawn over the years.

@Arizona 

Hi 🙂

What have you been up to today?

Hi @oceangirl 👋😊

Mostly trying to stay awake. My sleep patterns have been off for a while and I have gotten used to sleeping during the day. 

I'm doing all the things on my list (looking after my mental health). I don't know what else to do to keep myself occupied. It's still too warm to take my Pug for a walk. And I don't want to watch programs like Netflix or do any housework. 

How about you? What have you been up to?

@Arizona wrote:

Hi @oceangirl 👋😊

Mostly trying to stay awake. My sleep patterns have been off for a while and I have gotten used to sleeping during the day. 

I'm doing all the things on my list (looking after my mental health). I don't know what else to do to keep myself occupied. It's still too warm to take my Pug for a walk. And I don't want to watch programs like Netflix or do any housework. 

How about you? What have you been up to?

Hi @Arizona Smiley Happy

Its tough having sleeping problems- I can relate. 

I'm glad you're looking after yourself. What things have you tried, for your sleep? I am not sure if it would be helpful for you to talk about? There is no judgement from me. Perhaps doing something out of routine will help- it may help with your sleep because I have found that has helped me. There are a few things to do to reset your body clock and that is trying to get the morning sunshine and to try to wake up earlier each day. And also to get active earlier in the day. And also getting your vitamin D checked- a supplement might help. It comes in a weekly capsule and sometimes you need more than one week. And its best to get that advice from your Dr. But I am not sure if we have talked about this before, sorry if we have. 

What are some activties you enjoy doing? I understand about not walking your pug when its too warm- I have a French Bulldog, but he had surgery two weeks ago, and is on strict bed rest for another 4 weeks. Or longer depending on his xrays. What is your dogs name?

I have not done much today, other then look after my dog, went to the shops, spoken to my parents on the phone, send an email to my dogs surgeon, and cleaned out the fridge. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance