Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Diabetes and mental health

hello and welcome @Daisysmum 

yes trying to find that right balance is tricky sometimes 

with gestational diabetes , sometimes it goes back to normal after  the baby is born

we are here for you soo please talk to us anytime xx

@NatureLover 

Hi and welcome, @Daisysmum ! 

Wow, I'm so impressed with all you're doing for your Diabetes! You seriously rock. 

Hi @Shaz51 I had gestational diabetes with my second and I know what you mean about the stigma. I learnt that it wasn't about what I was eating but how I was eating and I was able to turn it into a positive thing. I had a really healthy pregnancy and have been able to take those eating habits outside of my pregnancy. Adopting a healthy lifestyle has helped my mental health a lot and I really notice now if I don't keep on top of it.  

@Paperdaisy 👋

@Daisysmum is asking about that question 

I have type 2 diabetes  

Hi @Daisysmum 

Hey @Shaz51 GD can turn into type 2 as well. I have to get tested every couple of years now to keep on top of it, but understand it's not the same thing💝just wanting to offer you some support as well😊

@Daisysmum sounds like you're getting the hang of it. It will get easier with time. I'm also a celiac and most gluten free stuff is high GI. It was tricky!😅 

Thank you @Paperdaisy 🥰:ok_hand:

It is good to have support and not feeling that you are alone 

😂🤣😂🤣 it is a bit tricky have CKD and diabetes and Arthritis to get a balance and when my Mr shaz loves food 

Hi @Shaz51 and everyone,

I have diabetes was diagnosed last year in June. It is around 7 or below most mornings.

I was on medication for depression and psychosis for a short time (about 1.5 years) and I wonder if its all related but how do you prove if it is. End of the day its on both sides of my family and even though I'm younger than when my father was diagnosed I am more sedentary.

I just take a pill in the morning to get it regulated and seems ok most of the time with the occasional hypo. I have to get blood tests every 3 months and I'm terrible to take blood from so its always a mission. Since COVID lockdown here I've put on a few extra kilograms which makes me upset but end of the day it is what is it for now. I joined the NDSS which has been good - sent information and offers seminars every few months. I hope that helps. 

how are you going today @Daisysmum , thinking of you lots as the same with @Paperdaisy@pinklollipop15@NatureLover@oceangirl@Wanderer 

Hi my sister @Shaz51 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance