Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Cooking

@SpiderLady you've inspired me and I've made some cheese sauce for macaroni cheese tonight, for baking properly in the oven and not just chucking grated cheese onto boiled pasta lol. I'll steam some veggies to have with it.

@SpiderLady wrote:
The end of the day is my worst time (tired, depressed, pain)...

I am the same. Good on you for cooking ahead of time.

Good on YOU!!! @NatureLover. That's fantastic! Sounds very yummy too. And should be easy to just put in the oven, not too hard at that difficult time of day. Hope that it's as yummy as it sounds and that you enjoy it and that you are proud of yourself for making such a big effort!!!

@SpiderLady - thank you for your encouragement! That's so sweet. 🙂  It is a big effort as I am a terrible cook lol. That's why I made it early, before evening, like you do. Often if I don't do that I will just have cereal for dinner, or cheese and crackers or fruit. Whereas you now have two different healthy meals that will last for days - well done!

Yes thanks @NatureLover. I have a fridge and freezer full of easy to heat meals. I am the same with not bothering at dinner time if there's nothing already prepared. I usually have toast, bread is easier for me to carry home from the supermarket than milk (heavy for my pains). I already use a lot of milk because I drink a lot of tea, mostly decaf tea so that it doesn't affect my sleep. It is an absolute pleasure to encourage you. I do know how hard it is, and you have done well too! Yay us!!!

@SpiderLady  Yes, yay us! The macaroni cheese is in the oven, I even decorated it with sliced tomato and cracked pepper. 20200501_172629.jpg

To tell you the truth, I haven't cooked a decent meal for 18 months. I've been living off canned vegetable soup, toast, baked beans and baked potatoes, chips and dips, and fruit. For 2 years prior to that I tried everything to learn cooking. I even attended a cooking class. But I got so discouraged at dishes not working out that I would skip dinner altogether, and eventually I gave up. So thank you for inspiring me!

Former-Member
Not applicable

That looks so yummy @NatureLover , you and @SpiderLady are making me hungry. Cheese toasties for me tonight though as I couldn't be bother and the two girls love them. Hope you both have a peaceful and restful night 🦋

@NatureLover  That looks tasty!  

Thanks, @Former-Member and @Escaped_Goat ! Cheese toasties are also very yummy 🙂 Thanks for your good wishes, I hope your nights were peaceful and restful too.

@NatureLover  I used to get paid to cook for people a million years ago so my food compliments are always genuine!  🙂  

@Escaped_Goat that makes me feel even better, thanks! And I'm jealous of you being able to cook well - imagine all the delightful foods I could eat if I could cook. To cook well enough to get paid for it - wow, that would be amazing! Although on the other hand, did you not want to cook once you got home, after cooking all day?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance