Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

MDT
Community Guide

COVID19 and vacciations - medication

Hi there all

Not too sure if this is allowed for the community but wanted to post it. If it needs to be changed that's okay. 

I am currently looking into covid19 vaccinations and I want to be sure that it will not interact with or affect me more because of medications I take already for mental health.

I guess I wanted to raise this because it's a hot topic and I guess I am a little concerned about it. 

I would like to hear what others have been thinking about this issue if they want to share

5 REPLIES 5

Re: COVID19 and vacciations - medication

Hi all,

Great topic to bring up and discuss. Just wanted to jump in as and quickly remind any replies around the guidelines of not naming any specific medications as this can have an impact on how others may feel about the medication. That being said I think it is a great topic to explore how people are feeling or concerns they may have or have experienced. 

hope everyone is well. 

Radius 

@MDT  Hi, personally I have had one dose and it has not interacted with my meds at all. in my opinion any interaction that you might have is still worth it if it means not getting/having a severe reaction to the actual covid virus. 

Yeah @Eden1919
I know what you mean.

Thanks for your thoughts

Just wanted to say that I got my first shot of the vaccine today.
Astrazenica

I asked my psychiatrist today about whether COVID vaccinations could interact with medications and she was a bit horrified - she said there was no way that meds could interact with a vaccine.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance