Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

It is that time of day again @BlueBay - when you are really tired and your negative thoughts take over. This is when it is important for you to stay active - get up and do something to take your mind off how tired you are. What is for dinner tonight - can you start preparing that now - have everything ready to cook or have it all ready just to warm up?

I don’t have the energy.  I can’t be bothered @Zoe7

and my older son decided to cook dinner tonight. I’m laying here feeling crap. I don’t care. I’m too tired to do anything. 

Msybe I should sleep but that won’t help tonight. Why can’t the doctors just give me a tablet. 

Getting into a good sleep routine is super hard @BlueBay - but sleeping now won't help you tonight. If you aren't cooking what else can you do to help yourself right now - is it a good day for taking Jersey for a walk - even if you are feeling exhausted that will give you a little bit of energy for a while to at least get to dinner time and then you can have an early night afterwards.

I’ve got no motivation to go anywhere @Zoe7

I’m laying here watching tv. I did do a load of washing before. 

Not sleeping really affects mental health. You get angry frustrated emotional. 

I had many, many years of not sleeping @BlueBay so I definitely get it - and I had many, many months of not being physically able to do anything so I also get how much physical pain and inability to do anything can have severe consequences on our mental state. I couldn't do anything because I was chronically fatigued and my muscles were beginning to break down - so I get exhaustion too. Why am I telling you this now - because not only do I get it but I also know how important it is to not lay around and do nothing as it does not help you either physically or emotionally. It also does not help when you are trying to sleep at night if you are sleeping and/or laying down so much during the day. Sometimes you have to force yourself to physically move to also help you think more positive mentally as well.

@Zoe7

I get what you’re saying. 

What is your son cooking for dinner @BlueBay?

Beef snitzel eith roasted sliced eggplant. 

And prob other veggies as well. He loves cooking and good st it. 

What are you having for dinner?

Not sure yet @BlueBay - had my left over veggies from last night for lunch - maybe a salad with chicken breast. It might also be a fruit salad yet - either way something simple and light tonight. 

How are you going with Sons of Anarchy - what season are you up to?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance