Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Good morning lil Sis @outlander

No need to apologise for falling asleep. I'm glad actually.

My mother and friend stayed the night last night. Mum has just come to say morning and said she slept well. She's just to have a shower. I made a really nice dinner in the slow cooker.

They're staying in a hotel in the city tonight, then going to a family member of mum's friends. So my mother will be back with me over the weekend and taking off to a housesit on Monday.

I actually have a nice weekend planned which I'm looking forward to.

Good luck with Headspace today. How are you feeling about it?

Yeah i think my body just said alright thats enough sis. Thankfully!

Sounds like some nice time to spend with your mum too. She sounds abit busy as well though, hope she feels better soon.
Can you share what your doing this weekend?
@Sans911

@Sans911 how are you tonight sis?

@outlander

@Zoe7

@Faith-and-Hope

@Shaz51

@Snowie

The sun has be warm and bright here in the West, giving me a little boost of goodness.

I learnt to bake a sponge cake 🎂 this morning, and I think I did alright. Here is a picture.

20180922_120528.jpg

After that finished I went to see my foster sister and her husband. They were at one of their children's home in the suburbs. I had lunch, and shared my cake with everyone. The men have been hard at work with installing stone retaining walls and paving in the back yard. I stayed a couple of hours and headed home, with a stop at the supermarket.

My mother was at home when I got there, thankfully a bit more rested and in better spirits. We sat outside with a cup of tea and chatted before the cool evening got to us. So we're resting in the lounge room now before I get dinner ready.

So it's been a very reasonable day one that I will store in recent memories to bring forth on those difficult days when life seems unbearable. This is what you need to build into your life @Teej

Build moments into your life to remind yourself that sometimes the simple pleasures of life are achievable. I try to get out of my head and house at least every second day and do something I like. It could be a coffee and reading the paper, my volunteer work, a walk by a lake or river, listening to birds in the trees. And I know how difficult it is to appreciate these things when we're in dark places, but I'm finding the more I do it makes me realise if I can't live for my family and I can't live for myself I can live for the simplest reasons. Like melted butter and Vegemite on toast, like the smell of roses, the breeze off an ocean and the crunch of sand under my feet. If I no longer live, I no longer have these things. I don't know if it helps you, but it's helping me at times.

So glad that you had a nice day @Sans911 and you are right - it is those small moments that we often pass by that can actually make a difference - the sand at your feet, the smell of a scented candle, Toby laying close and giving me comfort, Cat purring when she is patted - it doesn't take away the pain but gives a little reprieve from it and those are the times that I am trying to hold onto as well. When the bigger things get too hard we need to break it down into smaller chunks to help us get through ...and the care and compassion of people here certainly does help Smiley Very HappyHeart

Glad to hear you had a good day @Sans911 xx

Glad to hear you had a good day @Sans911 

@Sans911
your day sounds really nce. im glad you had a good day filled with moments of joy.

cant wait to see your picture of your cake.

Thanks for sharing your day and thoughts @Sans911 💜. I have had a day of flipping but am reflective at the moment. I had another call to lifeline earlier which is unusual for me. It didn’t help though this time. I spent the next few hours in my contemplating (and crying lots) how to live this life. I finally went to the shops with a few minutes to go and then walked the dog. 

I think I am scared of living and always failing. I think I have become more and more of my labels which aren’t really me. I don’t know what is me though. Long round about way I’ve saying I’m holding my own for now and trying to work out which way is up. 

Its good that you’ve had a good day. 

Looking forward to seeing your pic. 💜🤗

That is one good looking sponge cake @Sans911 - love the little swirls of cream with a raspberry in each one Smiley Tongue 

Holding you in the light @Teej Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance