Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Responsive Project: Forum Enhancements Feedback

Hi @Former-Member

Thanks for giving us a heads up to let us know what's be going on with your notifications. Let's see if we can figure it out together. From what you mentioned the emails aren't going to your junk mail. Have I got that right? 

Sometimes, the settings on our email server can change meaning that images we used to recieve via email are no longer allowed through. I'm wondering whether you might be able to change your email address as a bit of an experiment so we can determine whether it's an issue to do with your email server? 

You can change your email address through your profile. Once you've done this, let us know in the thread and we will try posting an image and tagging you. If you recieve a notification, then we will know it's to do with your email. If you don't then we might need to do some more investiagtion 💻

Thanks @Former-Member 🙂 

Does anyone else have this login problem?

(desktop, using Chrome)image.png

just thought id let someone know that im not getting all tags as emails, only some.. and subscription emails are coming to me but out of order that they were posted in and hours and hours after they were posted sometimes but the length of time it takes changes from post to post.

Hi @Former-Member, just wondering if you are on gmail. There are at least three of us I know of using gmail that are having similar notification delay problems. SANE are working on this known problem behind the scenes. Don't know when it might be fixed though.

Hi @Mazarita

yes i use gmail too.. hope they find a fix for it. 

Thank you

Hi @TheVorticon I'm not sure what might have been happening here. Here are some things worth trying out:

- Log in on a different browser

- Delete your cookies and browser history and restart your browser

Let us know how you go.

Thanks for jumping in there @Mazarita. It sounds like you might be experiencing the same difficulty @Former-Member Thanks for reporting that to us. As @Mazarita mentioned, it's something we are currently working on and we do hope to have a fix for it as soon as possible. We'll keep you posted. 

Thanks to everyone for your feedback 🐼

@Margot The problem seems to be related to the URL. When I joined the forums, I must have done it via MIFA rather than directly from SANE - I can't remember but this is the only explanation I can come up with for the behaviour.

If I go to https://saneforums.org and navigate to login, there is no problem (although it redirects to a mifa.saneforums.org URL).

If I go to https://mifa.saneforums.org and login, the problem appears.

Similarly, if I go to https://saneforums.org and login, then log out, I will be on a mifa.saneforums page. If I then try to login, I'll get the problem.

This seems to be browser independent (I've done it on both Chrome and Firefox) although haven't tested on mobile.

Thanks for providing us with a bit more information @TheVorticon. I've passed it on to our tech team to see if they can get to the bottom of it.

In the meantime, it might be worth experimenting with logging in on a mobile, and if you haven't already done so, trying out clearing your browsing history and deleting the cookies.

Let us know how you go 🐼

@Margot The difference on mobile is that it doesn't open a popup, it just goes to a new login screen. So therefore no problem.
It still redirects me to a mifa.saneforums link when I log in on mobile.

On desktop, I cleared history/cookies on Firefox but got the same thing. I can't be bothered for Chrome tbh.

That makes total sense @TheVorticon. It can be a tedious process for sure. We appreciate you giving those things a go - it helps us to better understand what the difficulty might be.

As an update, our tech team have had a look into the issue and it looks as though things should be working properly again for you by tomorrow morning. If anything changes, we'll be sure to let you know. And of course if the issue persists beyond then, please don't hesitate to let us know. Fingers crossed 🤞🏽

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance