Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Night Shift

Dearest @Mazarita

Personally, I would love to be dealt with by someone who is you. 

Debriefing is so important.....one on one is good too. Even if you 'hire,' a friend to meet once per week for a coffee and you speak of everyone who you are helping and talk about your.........actions around them. You can see that a lot of people who come on this site......... are anxious and out there and freaked out because they havent been heard ever. 

Therefore.......the saying ............People who struggle with times of mental ill health and other unmet needs.

The only reason why I know about debriefing is because I've been around it. I have had a Psychotherapist who broke rules.......I have done the volunteer work and had a soul felt experience of others who dont get debriefing. One was/is a friend who worked in the city  and she didnt have debriefing.I know no where as much as you or others but I have a little experience of this.

How can you give advise to thers unless you know why you feel uncomfortable on certain situations? I personally cannot do certain things anymore. 

You are a dearest to me too, @PeppiPatty. Thank you for your kindness and interesting thoughts. I have to say I think you would know a lot more about many things than I and others do, and have more direct experience of many things others do not. Plus you have a good heart, intuition and sense of playfulness, all so valuable to other people in distress. Not only that but I just read in another thread that you can play classical guitar! Another talent I didn't know about you. I understand that you feel unable to engage with some things at this time in your life and that is fair enough. I wonder why you feel so especially tired these days. Do you have regular meetings with your GP to discuss these things? I say this because there may be a medical reason for it, aside from what you face with your brain injury and mental health challenges. Wishing you the best always. Heart

Hi @Mazarita, I've been reading and re reading @MoonGals story......her past in relation to the church................ in the new year thread....The thread title ends with ...now what? I thought, it's like after I don't know how many years.....I have a group of friends..women who don't ignore me and put me down but are interested in me. Men who aren't completely self involved and caught up on themselves. My two most important saying in the world are .......stay kind, stay safe. I feel this every day

@PeppiPatty patty, look up the applications of neuroplasticity for brain injuries, if you haven't done so already.  i suspect soothing and/or stimulating music (such as baroque and/or good opera) might have a good effect too, but i'd get advice on that as i'm just guessing (it sounds logical 'though). i'm pretty sure that i read somewhere that different 'quizes', 'conundrums' and 'mind games' (cross words? logic and deduction games? solving optical illusions?) can regenerate the brain - maybe do such exercises for 20 mins a day in the morning.  Of course, check out all the afore-mentioned with a g.p. or expert before you do it because i am just surmising and dredging up bits of information from my memory.  Norman Doidge m.d. wrote a book called a few years back 'The brain that changes itself' and I just did a quick google and he seems to have published more papers on the topic since then.  Read it and/or force a family member, g.p. or support worker to read it and get them all helping you grow your brain back how you want it  🙂

Lol @Terry I've read that book !!

Thanks for bringing it up though !!

no problem.  you're welcome.  x  🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sooo much anxiety about coping with work - I'm over thinking things too much and I'm doing a lot of my self care stuff but it's just so full on already - meetings on Thursday with social workers for kids in class and creating social emotional plans for children with special needs and disabilities. In some ways I'm energised and excited to be back in the job but I'm terrified I can't handle it and will let everyone down...
But my psychologist things I'm ready and this is the time to jump back in - which is helping to kno that she believes I can do it... Breathe relax sleep repeat lol

Glad to hear you are energised to be back on the job in some ways, LJ, and that your psychologist has confidence in you. Hope it helps release some stress to get some of your anxieties out on the page here. Such worthwhile work to be helping children with social and emotional issues. I wish I had teachers like that when I was at school. Sending you restful vibes. Cat Happy

I am so proud of you @Former-Member you are doing such a wonderful job, I know you are anxious, it is just first day school nerves :D, you will be fine, you will get into the swing of it in no time.

The very best of wishes @Former-Member, you are amazing.

Hugs

Jacques

Dear @Former-Member

Just like @MazaritaI so wish I had a  teacher like you when I was in Primary School. That you worry .......feels that you are ready for this! I bet your that teacher who....really works hard with each child.......

So many teachers so caught up in their own little world ........

Didn't you mention at one time,,,,little steps......one step at a time?

Remember how much confidence you have given all of us during the time we have known you? Hold onto a little of it for you now. Feel it in you a little flame for you honey. 

We are alo here for you and so proud of you...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance