Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Gus
New Contributor

Very overwhelming

Hi, I'm going to definitely need this group. My daughter has been through so much. Finally the medical professionals are seeing what we have been seeing. She is 13 and in her first psychotic episode which has been going on for a month. We are still undergoing proper diagnosis but it's looking like either schizophrenia or bipolar which is very rare for this age. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Very overwhelming

hi @Gus and welcome. well done for reaching out for some supports. i do hope your daughter gets the answers she needs and the right treatments as well.

A warm welcome to you @Gus 

I can clearly hear your care & concern for your daughter. I hope you don’t mind me saying but I can relate to the description of the subject you’ve titled; ‘Very overwhelming’; It brings me back to the first time a loved one dear to me experienced altered states of distress, I recall it being a really confronting and confusing time for me, my family and them.

I hope that having the professional support around you, relevant information and supports like the sane forums community here -  hopefully makes it a little less overwhelming.

There are many discussions here that you can search if you want to join in on. Please reach out if you’d like any help in using the forums, as they can take a bit of getting used to. Also - if you tag @ a member they will get notified - if you'd like to let them know of your reply/thread of communication. 
Take care

Hey @Gus.

Thanks for coming here and sharing your story.  How do you feel we can help you the most?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance