Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Trying makes it worse

Hi @maddison I am sorry for all that happening for your housemate and am grateful Ur OK and can check in on the carers forum, I hope Ur friend is ok? I'll have a read.....

The hospital did help me and I called to check in at the hospital today and yesterday. 

I wander if they helped or were difficult for Ur friend....these processes are really hard.

The ppl I spoke today said they will tell my cm to call me on Monday

She's often sick and who knows come Monday if she will. I am trying to sort of communicate to her without having to speak to her directly.

Hi @maddison @tyme @Rhye @Scream58 @Appleblossom 

I'm feeling a bit better, j managed to get a walk in and go to the supermarket and filled out the dsp forms as well. 

I felt very lethargic earlier so that helped.

The triage woman said to get out  ut not necessarily look or pay to much attention to the ppl around me.  Just sort of focus on myself.

I think it helped to call the triage, which I did, just for phone support, both today and yesterday.

I also went to the library!  Which was just by chance as I passed a library. And that is also a place I'd normally not feel so keen to be.

So I currently have weekly meetings with cm, but my psychiatrist told me No pressure, if I feel I can't face her, I can trust my emotions.

I think imwill say I would like to meet her boss, the consultant psychiatrist, before committing to meet her one on one.

In that meeting, I'll ask for someone else,and if that's not possible I'll try get 100 percent clarity over who is attending these meetings.

They told me she's senior, experienced etc, but being a nurse in a ward is different and not necessarily related to my needs which is help with dsp, help with housing, help with mh overall.

Hi @EternalFlower 

Thanks for reply. Lovely to hear from you. You don't need to read my post. I understand you have you own things going on for you at the moment. You probably don't need to hear my problems too! I am really down and depressed tonight. It's been a hectic day. I don't know if I've overreacted. I think I might be tired and emotional.

I'm really glad to read your recent post & the positive steps you are taking. Well done. I really need rest x

@EternalFlower 

That is a lot ticks in the right direction.

Reaching out

Being clear about managing bad situation.

Filling in form for dsp can be a big deal

It sounds like you and that cw are a bad fit. I do not know what "rights" you have to choose, but wishing the best in it.

A year ago, I had a couple of older bullies in my NDIS team, and it became unbearable.  With the NDIS I do have control, and the relief to have those 2 out of my house and out of life was huge.  You are doing so many good self caring things, you probably need a gentler soul.  Some people do not mind the bossy types, but your needs matter.

Hi @Appleblossom @tyme @maddison 

Appleblossom Ur right...she is a very bossy type. I am a gentle soul, I find her quite scary tbh. She constantly bombards me with lists of policies of the hospital. "Here at xyz we do things like rhis..." etc. It is not relevant nor did I ask, but it's I think to intimidate me that she is senior and speaking on behalf of the org at large.

Again, she really knows very little about case management or mh needs in the community. 

Hi @Appleblossom @maddison @tyme 

Hope Ur all feeling OK today. And taking care of yourselves in the moment.

Cm called today to follow up after hearing i had called triage over the weekend, and left voicemail that she's asking about our upcoming appointment.

I'm not attending it, I'm going to the mh group at the hospital instead.

I'm trying not to give her time or energy. I'll just say I felt the group was better for my recovery.

Hi @EternalFlower 

I am feeling much better today, thankyou for asking. How are you?

Thankyou too for your support on my carer post. I will reply here to make it easier. I agree that some nurse do use this intimidation technique to avoid having to actually do their job, & care about us. It was so nice to read, that you understood how I felt unheard in that moment. I absolutely value your support, along with @tyme @Appleblossom . Thankyou for your kindness 💜

You mentioned in your reply to @Appleblossom  that your cw made you feel intimidated & scared. I definitely agree, that this is not conducive to your improved mental health. It sounds as though you are taking proactive steps in prioritising your own needs by not giving her your energy & choosing a more productive activity instead. I feel like maybe you are drawing strength & asserting yourself.

It's unfair that you are put in this position. When you get the right, supportive cw it will make a world of difference. I really want this to happen for you & hope the system will eventually recognise you have the right to feel safe.

💪👍🙂💗

Hi @maddison @Appleblossom @tyme @Rhye 

Glad Ur feeling better @maddison 

How was everyone's day?

How is everyone doing ?

Thanks for sharing your story @maddison on the carers forum, it sounds like a tiring and hard experience, and maybe triggering also.

My cm is extremely sucking of energy.

I am told we have another meeting coming up with her, its too much.

@maddison @EternalFlower 

Glad you two have connected.

I am always on the lookout for good people.

I find this fellow interesting and proactive about the needs of our community.

https://www.simonkatterlconsulting.com/about 

I am alright, a bit sad.  Drove my son to his mh clinic.  His cw has been awol for a while and his therapist forgot to phone him yesterday and he has a big day tmrw.

Well ... he just walked in the door after getting back on his own, told me they cancelled but did not bother to let us know.

Just sent email to remind my pdoc to send link for appointment.

So it is a mental health day ... for both of us.

But the so called "workers" are not 'blowing my mind' away with their competence.

Wow....I hear you @Appleblossom 

Things have once again escalated here. Nurses have discontinued their house calls, even though I was told yesterday they would be here.

Have called & left msg with ITT - no answer, no return call yet. Usual case manager is also AWOL & has been for weeks.

I'm sorry to hear you are sad & your son has been let down once again. I hear you. It's also difficult you needing to remind your own doc. I don't remember the health system being in this much crisis in the past. It has not always been the easiest to access, the way things are going now feels really scary. Wishing you & your son kindness & strength💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance