Welcome & getting started
31-03-2022 10:59 AM - edited 31-03-2022 12:38 PM
SANE Services Update: We are growing our services!
Hi there SANE Forum Community,
Today we’re announcing exciting changes coming to SANE’s Support Services that will allow us to offer you more recovery-oriented, integrated pathways to support your recovery journey. We want to let you know about these changes ahead of time so that you can get ready for them.
This is your first sneak peek into the future of SANE’s services!
If you have any questions about the information below, we will also be hosting a Q&A discussion about the service changes in the community forums, where you can post your questions for the SANE team 😊 Ask your questions here!
CHANGES TO SANE SERVICES
As you know, SANE offers a range of free digital and telehealth services for people living with complex mental health issues and their families, friends and carers, including our counselling, peer support, social groups, forums, and information and resources.
Last year, SANE received new funding from the Federal Government and have expanded its services to offer our existing self-guided services as well as a new guided program for people with complex mental health needs and their carers, depending on where they are at in their journey and recovery.
As part of this change, we are also updating our website to ensure people can find information and connect to the services they need as quickly as possible.
Essentially, we are looking to better integrate our different services within SANE to offer a more joined up experience and provide more tailored support for people so they can find out what works for them. You will still be able to access the same drop-in services, community forums and groups as before, but depending on your needs, there will be an additional guided program which can be accessed depending on where you live.
By self-guided, we mean the services you can access from SANE at any time, and in the area of service that best meets your needs and recovery goals. Our self-guided services include:
- Drop-in support telephone and online counselling from 10am-10pm Monday to Fridays on 1800 187 263.
- SANE community forums which operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.saneforums.org
- Online group chats which operate weekly on a Thursday night.
- Information/factsheets/blogs etc via www.sane.org
The new guided mental health support program will provide a more tailored approach to our services by bringing together a range of SANE’s supports for people who need a little more at different times. At the moment, we are piloting this program in a number of locations across Australia. This is because, for the time being, the Government funding that is supporting our expansion is targeted to specific Primary Health Networks, however we hope that should the program be a success we will eventually be able to expand it to all regions in Australia.
What do I need to know?
Over the next month, the SANE team is preparing for this service change. This includes ensuring that our current services begin to transition to the new service model, that all our staff have time to complete some important training, and that we are able to have conversations with you about the support available throughout this time of change.
One important point: The Forums will operate as normal throughout this change and will still be available and moderated 24/7 by health professionals.
Important information for community forums:
- During 11 – 29 April, our counsellors and peer workers will be offline or less available as they will be taking part in training to prepare for the change to the service. However, there will be limited staff available for one-on-one phone calls or web chats with counsellors or peer workers during this time. Importantly, our community forums will be active and moderated by our after-hours team.
- Our Community Manager will also be in training and will not be as available as usual.
- Online Peer Groups will be paused during this time.
- Forum events and Topic Tuesdays led by the SANE team will also be paused for the month of April. We will resume a calendar of events in May 2022.
Key changes for SANE Services:
- From 28 March, you will no longer be able to book a call with a peer worker or counsellor online via the Book a Call function, as we begin to transition to our new service model. Between 28 March and 2 May, if you would like to arrange a call with a peer support worker, please email email@example.com
- From 2 May, you will no longer be able to book a call online to speak specifically with a counsellor or a peer support worker. You will need to directly call 1800 187 263 for a one-on-one session with either the counsellor or peer support worker who answers the call. There might be slightly longer wait times when calling the Support Centre and you may need to allow a little more time to get through to the service.
While we will have reduced support between 11-29 April through the Support Centre, support is available through the SANE Forums or urgent help through crisis services. If you are already connected to SANE’s services, we will continue to support your mental health needs and will work with you during this time to ensure you have adequate supports in place.
We are looking forward to offering you more support and services in 2022, to ensure that we are doing our part to support the well-being and recovery of those living with complex mental health, and their friends, family and carers.
If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org , or ask a question on our Forums Q&A about the SANE Service Redesign: https://saneforums.org/t5/Welcome-getting-started/Q-amp-A-Ask-your-questions-about-SANE-s-growing-Se...