Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

vec
New Contributor

I just wanted help.

I was on hold to SANE for an hour and then got hung up on. I just wanted to reach out for help and this happens. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: I just wanted help.

I am sorry that happened i have had that happen with sane and other helplines before and it can be really crushing and can make you not want to reach out again. 

that being said would you be comfortable trying somewhere else that is open later in the night maybe like lifeline they are 24/7? 

For whatever reasons, @vec  I’ve found that with sane, once the hour ticks over of being on hold it hangs up. Don’t know why. Hope you got some support last night 

Did you actually get through to a person and then get hung up on, or did the line conk out? I've had an experience with the SANE helpline where the phone line counsellor told me that the phone line was terrible and didn't refer me to anyone else before hanging up on me. SANE assured me that they had talked to that person about other actions they could have taken, but if you got through to a person and they hung up on you, clearly nothing's been learned by SANE from my experience. 😞

Hi @vec , @Gwynn , @Bow and @Eden1919 

So sorry to hear about your experiences with the helpline. To make sure this is passed on to the right people I'm wondering if you would feel comfortable to give some formal feedback via email here : feedback@sane.org 

Hugs to all,

Hanami

Thanks for your integrity in suggesting this, @hanami - I gave formal feedback at the time that SANE should do better, and the Service Delivery Leadership Team got back to me, reviewed their recording of the conversation and gave the counsellor some counsel about how they could have handled my call better, as well as investigated how many staff were available on the night I called. It's just disappointing that my experience doesn't seem to have been a once-off.

No problem at all @Gwynn , totally understand and it's a fair call that you say it's disappointing that it's not a one-off.

I’m very new here but I really feel that Sane will try to do the right thing by you..
Your experience must have been really upsetting and disappointing. Unfortunately human error can come in anywhere., I hope it works smoothly for you from now on and that Sane brings you benefit. Best wishes
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance