Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Hi im changing medication again *sigh

Hi and welcome... I am new here too.

Do you know the name of the meds they are starting you on? I am on an SSRI and mood stabiliser too,  I know it is stressful changing medication as I nearly had a medication change a week ago due to allergic reaction, however, I just told the dr that I would prefer to stay on same medication so he let me. I have changed meds about 10 times so I know how you feel and I have had more than 20 psychiatrists in the last ten years... If you have any problems with the new meds please let your dr know. He should just change them slowly though, if it's too fast, it may not work well. Hope you change meds safely. Good luck 

Hello @Meli_sadie 

Welcome to the forums!

It's lovely to see new and seasoned members here sharing their personal experiences. I just wanted to add a gentle reminder of the safety guidelines, that we do not publish specific content about medication, for example medication name, however medication group is fine 🙂 

You might like to check out the Guidelines here as they might be a bit hidden https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage/title/safety 

Warmest,

Basil.

Hi Basil, 

Sorry, I didn't know and Thank you for pointing it out to me, it will not happen again, I promise.

Warm Regards to you too...

Meli_sadie

Hi and welcome @Rebel and @Meli_sadie  and to others here @Basil @WIP @Appleblossom @greenpea .  I too have bipolar 1, combined with complex PTSD, and have had many changes and adjustments of my meds since diagnosis of bp1 11 years ago.  Prior to that decades on ad's alone, which it was eventually proven I was having adverse response to (all the types of them) - they actually make me manic.  These days I'm on antipsychotics, mood stabilisers and meds to aid sleep and prevent ptsd nightmares and I've been stable now for over 2 years, no major depressions or hypomanias.  So I know from experience how hard it can be adjusting to coming off and starting on meds, sometimes takes up to 6 weeks to fully balance out and see whether something is working well or not ..... but having said that,  I firmly believe it's worth persevering if possible in the search for a good balance.  

I understand the frustration of having so many  psychiatrist changes through the public health system and that's why even tho I'm on a disability support pension, I pay the gaps to see a private psychiatrist.  Now that I'm more stable I don't have to go often - usually about 2 months between appointments, and it's thouroughly worth the $$.  I see it as an investment in myself.

Feel free to tag me using the @ symbol and you'll get a dropdown box.  If you can't see my name start typing it and it will appear in the box so you can click on it.  Or just click on this :  @eth 

Thank you for your message.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance