Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Burnt out but plodding along

Thank you for your message @BPDSurvivor , that's very kind of you Heart I'm doing alright, thanks - lockdowns are always an...interesting variable, but we went for a walk today, so that was really nice Smiley Very Happy

What about you? How are you today? Smiley Happy

Hello @EmilyS and @BPDSurvivor @Shaz51 @AussieRecharger

and everyone else, active on and viewing this thread.

It is very pleasing to see that you have been making contact with various members of the forum and they with you.

I hope that you will not mind me attaching to my best wishes for you, your sister and family, a general message about use of the site functions.

I notice and am pleased, that people seem to be using more of the forum functions. That means that there may be more questions arising from that exploration. I hope that people will be confident in putting up questions that they have, whether the answers might eventually seem simple or be more complex. It is only by feeling free to ask and encouraging others to also ask questions, and post the answers, that we become aware of, that we can, together, become more proficient in using the site.

I know, having re-activated my membership in February, this year, about six months ago, and my activity since then, that some of the guidelines, in terms of functions of the site, make more sense and are therefore, more easily used by me. Yet, I am still far from being, what I would call, proficient in using the site functions. It can be a bit hit-and-miss, and a process of trial and error, but with assistance and encouragement from each other, our proficiency and satisfaction from using the site, can be developed more quickly.

With My Very Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Hello @EmilyS

@EmilyS, I noticed in your first post, the implied question “#oversharing???”. With regard to posts and responses, there is no problem with expressing ourselves, on the site, in whatever way that we wish (within Guidelines). Often in the social side of the forum, members seem to speak in “digital shorthand”. I think that may be because some use mobile phones and it is, therefore, easier to use that style.

"

However, the site is a place where we can choose to respond in whatever style that we choose. If we are using a phone, we can delay our response, to a more detailed post or response, till we are in front of a computer, if we think that may be easier or more appropriate.

"

Another exploration, that you might avail yourself of, is the Profile pages. If you left-click on a user's address ( eg., @EmilyS or @HenryX ), you will be presented with that person's profile page. Because the forum is fully open, we can view, in anyone's profile pages, all the conversations in which that member has participated. The social threads are generally fairly obvious. The more in depth conversations about personal issues and concerns are generally titled with that concern, such as yours with “Re: Burnt out but plodding along”. Looking through some of those discussions will give you a wider perspective than just the current conversations. It also gives a broader perspective on the styles with which various members post and respond.

"

It is because of the anonymity of the forum that these options are available.

"

I hope that this will will give you some ideas about posting and responding on various threads (conversations)

"

With My Best Wishes

@HenryX

Thanks @HenryX 🙂 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance