Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Self-care management (during social distancing)

yes I agree @eth , lett`s get back on the track xxxx

@nashy @s-jay  @Faith-and-Hope @Teej @frog @outlander @CheerBear @Shaz51 @Appleblossom  and anyone else - please share this where you think it might help ....

No photo description available.

a little humour might help

covidbird.jpg

@Appleblossom   I'm a little bit owl I guess but none of them really fit me.

Me: 

-  isolated and not talking to anyone for days at a time

-  surrounded by potential activities and lists but no motivation for any of it

-  reaching out to community through my computer - online for most of every day

-  no-one calls me to see how I'm doing

😥🤔😔

I am a bit low on calls too @eth I wonder if people are starting to withdraw a bit now Heart We care heaps about you here 🙂 How are you doing today?

A bit bleh and meh @nashy .  I just feel like I've been working hard to put out positivity and encouragement and spent a couple of weeks phoning friends and family (a couple each day) and am now feeling a little resentful that no-one does the same for me.  Same goes with the disability alliance I'm part of - I seem to keep giving and rarely receive.  Going offline now and maybe do some journalling about it, even tho it feels like dwelling on the negative, some writing might at least get it out of my head.

Sending you thoughts @eth. I can feel resentful about the same kind of stuff at times. It's tough.

I know how helpful it has been for you to have activities and outings and can imagine how much you're feeling the loss of them at the moment.

With nashy and others with our care for you here ❤

@eth 

Heart

Putting out positivity does take energy, so feeling drained, makes sense.

I know that feeling well. 

Real reciprocity seems rare.

Smiley Sad

So nothing but make the best of it. Lick sore spots, and eventually get up and do the same thing all over again .. lol. Generally my facebook is positive as I have managed it well enough to be in the big wheel of life turning and getting positive stuff back along my values.  I joined fb after I joined Sane forum ... I try and feed that positivity back into this forum .. cos I figure there is greater need here.

Smiley Happy

isolate.jpg

Just saw your list above now @Appleblossom .  It's a good one.   Have added a couple of points in it to the loose schedule I've worked up for myself.  My psychiatrist strongly urged me to try to structure my day consciously while I'm not going out at all.

Hope you're doing ok today.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance