Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Depression is a language .... suicide is real.

Contemplation of Art helps me, but I cannot find a copy of the sculpture I saw this week irl that I loved with an adult son with mother. 

@Former-Member Love that you are taking time out in the bush with family

Willow Tree Family Grouping | Carved Figures by Susan LordiMother Son and Daughter Painting Motherhood Art Print Mother | Etsy

@Anastasia

Ten works of art celebrating motherhood | Art UK

@Owlunar 

The pieta is a dreadfully powerful concept and image.  You are a strong woman.Mother Mourning her son who died in a war large hands womb inside long hair  sad face Poster by Rachel Hershkovitz

Pieta Sculpture Mother Son Virgin Mary Stock Illustration 1603801669

@Sophia1 Thank you so much.  It is good to hear your son is still in contact and you are setting boundaries for respect.  If he is becoming better able to respond to you with respect and find a way to manage his own pain, there is a path and hope. 

Abstract Mother and son art to allow for space for his intelligence.  Please accept it in the best way for you both.

Motherhood (Mother & Son), Sculpture by Adel Al-Abbasi | Artmajeur

Mother and Son Abstract Abstract Painting by Tomasz Brzezinski | Saatchi Art

Hi @Appleblossom 

I certainly understand the sculptures posted in the way they are intended - I searched for a painting to express myself and I think I found one

I loved the feel of his fluffy little head, and just holding him - when he cried I tried to ease his pain but I couldn't. The future was forecast during the first days I had him but I have no regrets there. He needed a mother and I was the one he had after he was born.

I have had struggles understand the various Pieta. A mother holding her crucified son - could a woman have crafted such a sculpture? I really can't answer that. The subject came up in class when I was at university. Yes - I can see the story - the beauty in the art - all of this. I think the truth of death is harder though. I always loved him and that is the most important part of my son's story.

The abstract Pieta tells the story of the agony really well - better I think. It really speaks to me. How a woman is crucified herself after her son dies

You must understand. I really see this in the pictures you post - esp the Pieta

Thank you

Dec

mother-and-child-nadine-rippelmeyer.jpg

@Owlunar 

I was glad the pieta was small, I did not intend it that way, but it was better, than to magnify or glorify it.

Heart

Yes @Appleblossom  - I understand - I actually found the sculpture on the internet - it is fantastic really - but challenging

I think I understand more this evening - a woman loves her son so much even after his death (whatever death) she still loves him. It is a love thoroughly tested

Thanks again Apple

Dec

Stunning images @Appleblossom 

The group of figurines; younger ones sharing times and conversation with an older sibling or parent, remind me of some that I have from that range;  received as gifts.

They are beautifully made. Their simplicity and texture are calming. The message that they convey for me is one of inclusion.

As I scrolled through the images to follow, I felt strong feelings that individual art pieces invoke. Art is a beautiful visual of expression.  Those observing taking their own perspectives away with them.

Powerful pieces.

Perhaps a reminder to us all that mother and child is such a powerful experience. 

The experience for me not unconditional with my own mother; in return my love unconditional with my sons.

I do sense that you are evolving in your expression in writing and sharing of beauty @Appleblossom 

love Sophia 💜

@Appleblossom @Sophia1 @Anastasia @Owlunar  Beautiful works of art and emotion.

didnt realise I hadn't logged off and wanted to respond to lost angels tag.  I would like to add this which I painted the other week. A friends dog who has just passed. Very new to watercolour or drawing a dog but he had A look of wisdom and a calming look which spoke to me.image.jpeg

I can see what you mean @Former-Member 

Heart

Such mournful eyes, but beautifully painted. 

Thank you so much for sharing.

Heart

I cannot paint but like to look.

Smiley Happy

Stunning @Former-Member 

Sketching

That is what I want to do.....

you are talented my friend

this gift will certainly help you to lose yourself in your creations....

When did she tag you.

You can tag her from here if you read this.

I will have to read these books during my time here in lockdown, isolation.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance