Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

daisy20202-7
Senior Contributor

Borders opening

Hi everyone

Guess you’s heard of the borders re opening, just wondering what’s chance of the coronavirus coming to south australia and the chance of restrictions or lockdowns.

Wondering because am at a life point of needing and wanting own self contained space and either wanting to be able to quarantine seperate so you don’t possibly have to extend quarantine or not be affected because of a member and the place am living at is not big enough for that to happen.

Also am at a point of wanting and needing own self contained space and not wanting to be affected because of a household member and every time there’s lockdowns or certain restrictions the only thing you to get it at moment can do usually closes and you never know if or when it’s going to happen.

Am hoping to build something or renovate something cheap in next 5-10 years but needing something that’s not going to cost much to get through until then.

What could you do until it happens even if part time to start off with and in event that accomodation places close is there a way that you can register a part time place to go to like you can with a single person if you are single and live alone and not leave unless travelling between that and primary residence or essentials in lockdown or if restrictions close that can you register a part time accommodation place

What else could you do until you can buy as am waiting until am able to buy and feel there’s some hope it’s however going to take a long time and just trying to make do until then.

Am mostly happy living at current place at moment

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Borders opening

Hi @daisy20202-7 . I don't know what the likelihood of coronavirus coming to South Australia is because I'm just a regular person with no qualifications in that area but I can tell you from a person living in Melbourne that I'd say there's still a chance of it going to the state because of the nature of the disease. I can understand your concerns fully but as much as I'd like to believe the disease can be wiped out and that certain states of Australia can remain virus free, I'm not convinced it will happen because as long as there are people travelling, whether that be interstate, Internationally or even within the state of choice, there's always a chance of someone bringing the disease into the state. Look at Tasmania recently and back in Melbourne with the Sydney based removalists for example. Those states were virus free and look at what happened with lockdowns occurring, especially for Melbourne. 

I do like your idea of getting a place of your own where you can go to if you need to isolate or quarantine in, like a holiday house just for you. Personally. I'd love a little cabin where I could escape to and just be on my own. Cradle Mountain in Tasmania in winter where there's snow or a place near the Murray River are my idea of perfect places but that's just me. I think in the end, it's a great idea but it's up to you. I don't know your situation and I certainly can't forsee what's going to happen in the future so it's hard for me to give you any real advice except to say talk it over with some professional people and go from there. I hope this helps?

Take care and I wish you well with whatever you choose to do.

Judi9877

I'm really anxious about everything been open again. 
I just want to stay cocooned in my house. 
I panic a lot more now 

@daisy20202-7 @Judi9877 

Hi @BlueBay . I understand your panic about borders reopening as I'm a little anxious about the shops reopening here in Melbourne as of last night. My psychologist has set me a challenge to go shopping for fun with the hardest part he believes being just getting the motivation and courage to go to the shops so I'll wait and see what happens. 
Like I said to @daisy20202-7 , I think it's not safe to expect the states and territories of Australia to remain Covid-19 free as the disease is here to stay unfortunately and I've accepted that I'm going to have to live with it, not that I'm happy with that, but it's reality unfortunately. Whilst there's people in the community, whether that be travellers or just members of society in general, there's bound to be the disease in the country somewhere. 

I'm sorry I can't be of much help😢

Take care, forumite friend.

Judi9877

Reason why am finding lockdowns and certain restrictions hard is because am at a life point of wanting own self contained space and wanting a proper shed and currently the only thing that you can do to have those may have to close for a bit and the place am living at which am mostly happy doing at moment isn't setup for it and yards not big enough 

and place also isn't big enough to not be affected or quarantine separately so you don't possibly have to extend your time because you couldn't do it separately.

and want own self contained space to be able to quarantine seperate or not be affected because of a household member and just to have own space 

and just trying to wait until am able to buy as what's point in paying as much in rent as to buy when you're limited.

that's why am finding lockdowns hard and certain restrictions when they happen and you never know when it will happen

if you had your own self contained space would cope better with lockdowns and certain restrictions even if it's still hard

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance