Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Chlova
Casual Contributor

Bipolar support group ??

Has anyone got any knowledge of a Bipolar Disorder support group situated Brisbane South around Logan City preferably. I honestly think my family member would greatly benefit with conversations with people who have managed to tame this disease. I often get told and it's true "you have no idea what this really feels like" and it's true I can imagine but no I've got no personal experience. My dear family member has been quite unwell for over 3 months now and is so frustrated with the whole scenario at present.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bipolar support group ??

Hi @Chlova 
Firstly, hello – I don't think we've met before. You sound very caring towards your family member who is feeling so disheartened currently and I hope that you benefit from the exchange of information and support that happens here in this community. I can see that you joined up fairly recently and I wonder if you'd be interested in introducing yourself on the "Introduce yourself here" thread? https://saneforums.org/t5/Our-stories/Introduce-yourself-here/td-p/136197/page/112

As the forums are an anonymous space members are not able to give the details of support groups that they attend themselves. You or your family member might like to contact one of the services below to locate an appropriate support group in your area:  

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Bipolar support group ??

@Chlova 

My husband found Grow to be very helpful. He also got support through Wellways who provide patient support and I think have recently been awarded the funding to provide carer support in Qld (I attended carer training with them and had a care support worker visit me through Hubby's crisis).

https://www.wellways.org

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance