Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Supporting loved ones living with BPD // Tuesday 25th January, 7pm-8:30pm AEDT

That's okay @Determined , happy for you to pop by whenever you have some time! 💛

Re: Topic Tuesday // Supporting loved ones living with BPD // Tuesday 25th January, 7pm-8:30pm AEDT

You have been a wonderful support with feedback around how to better support my Darling @BlueBay, so definatly have good things to contribute. So long as the discussion does not prove too challenging for you 🧡

Hello SANE Community and welcome to our first Topic Tuesday of 2022 😄 

Today we are talking about supporting a loved one with BPD, and we encourage you to share your questions, experiences and supports 🙂 

As we get started, we would love to hear from you, What brings you here tonight and what do you hope to get from the discussion tonight?

Please join me in warmly welcoming our amazing guest and Peer Support Worker @tyme! I will pass to you Tyme to introduce yourself 🙂 

thank you @Determined  so nice to read your reply to me xx

Hi @Daisydreamer @cloudcore @tyme 

I have BPD and have lived with it for the past 11 years now.  I am here tonight to try to support and help others with my input. 

Hello everyone here tonight – it’s fantastic to be part of this Topic Tuesday which I am indeed very passionate about.

I’ve newly joined the peer support team at SANE. I identify as one with both lived and living experience of a number of mental health conditions – including, Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD).

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 2.33.38 pm.png

It can often be heard that carers relate to ‘Walking on Eggshells’ when caring for someone with BPD. From experience, this is very well put. Not to mention, caring for someone with BPD will take you on roller coaster rides, introduce to places you’ve never been before, offer surprises at any given opportunity, and take you on adventures you never thought possible!

On a serious note, let’s see what insights into BPD we can take away from this evening.

For all our participants here tonight – whether carers or ones with lived experience – tonight is a great opportunity to share your experiences, ask questions and read of others’ unique journeys.

Thank you @BlueBay ! I am very encouraged that you want to support others through your experiences.

I welcome your input.

Welcome @BlueBay Heart Really appreciate and value your openness to supporting others from your experience- we are lucky to have you here in this forums community Heart Just echoing some of the comments above, please feel free to share what you feel comfortable to share Heart 

As we get started, we would love to hear from you, What brings you here tonight and what do you hope to get from the discussion tonight?

I am here because I support my wife who lives with BPD

We have been married 22+ years and have 3 children,  16, 14 & 6.

8 years ago I suffered a major burnout which triggered (among other things) a major crisis for my darling that lasted 2+ years. We are only really coming out of this now, sort of maybe .

**Added note, 

The support I recieved here on the forumsnhelped me to navigate some pretty dark days. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance