Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday: NOW OPEN!!! Special guest - Mindfulness expert & psychologist Jordan from Mindfulgym!

Hi Jordan

So would it be right to say that the skills you describe allow you to reach the mental state of mindfulness.

Could you explain a bit about the non judgement of thoughts. Mine are somewhat scattered but others are more focused. So identifying those that are negative needs some effort to identify them.

The teaching I had, now I come to think of it ,was very much about getting to a state where you are at peace with yourself. Is this really the hoped for eventual outcome.

Re: Topic Tuesday: NOW OPEN!!! Special guest - Mindfulness expert & psychologist Jordan from Mindfulgym!

What a night!

A huge range of questions, ranging from the theory behind mindfulness, through to practical exercises.

Jordan, we are so appreciative of you time tonight.

thank-u-meme.jpg

Nice work! Thanks for your time folks have a nice evening.

Bye bye

Hi Kenny I'll be quick as we have run out of time. We have thoughts all the time and we usually label them as good or bad. Buddhist theory states the mind is continually shifting from craving to aversion (I want more of that or I want to avoid that). The important point to note is thoughts are not facts, they are not living things they are what exists in your mind. Throughout your life you have developed beliefs about thoughts, many of which are socially constructed. I guess the point is don't get caught up onto the story of the thought. If you are sitting and you feel pain, instead of thinking there is a pain in my foot (leading to avoidance) become curious about it and explore it deeper.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance