Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Special Online Event // Breaking the stigma of mental illness// Thurs 18 Oct, 9 30pm

Hello @Mischiefmanaged

@yes @cameron is a representation of hope for those of us affected by this illness..

my own family member not agreeing with the medical diagnosis..basically living a life of fear..at times on the run..

I also think that all others on the programme were extremely brave...gruelling tests..

particularly those diagnosed with with a past mental illness incorrectly...

also incredible turn around for Mitch and yes What an ambassador for eating disorders..

huge feelings and and respect for Andy ..who showed such tremendous humility..he will be remembered..

@Mischiefmanaged

are you intending to post on the forums? 

I was wondering whether you might want to start a thread ..open discussion on your experiences in working with people with schizophrenia..

your comment about their lovely souls and that they are people not labels touched my heart..

this is what we need on theses forums...help us to be more informed then we can be more of a support for those struggling..

thank you you for reading ....

this subject is close to my heart

Sophia

Re: Special Online Event // Breaking the stigma of mental illness// Thurs 18 Oct, 9 30pm

@Mischiefmanaged

Thank you for the incredibly kind support. We're getting closer with our acceptance of complex mental illness, but it still takes the ability to look past who we are and see where we are pointing that will grow the acceptance more. Considering how much preconceived stigma I had about my own illness when I was diagnosed, I think it is a daily credit to everyone who is pushing past their stigma and accepting diversity so much more.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance