Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Q&A Info Session // How to support a loved one through the NDIS // Mon 14- Fri 18 Aug

Hey @Former-Member 

I've gone back to the NDIA with that question, as it's an interesting one.  Will let you know as soon as I do. 

Cheers, 

Re: Q&A Info Session // How to support a loved one through the NDIS // Mon 14- Fri 18 Aug

Thank you @JazzHands

Hi @Former-Member

Here is the response from the NDIA

"The conversation would need to occur around the persons individual needs and be related to goals in their plan, it isn’t a straight yes or no.  I would encourage the person to have the conversation, knowing that answer may be no"

In my interpretation of that - I would say give it a go, with the potential they will say no.  However, you would need to get supportive evidence from clinical and allied health professionals to say that it is 'reasonable and neccesary' 

https://www.ndis.gov.au/participants/reasonable-and-necessary-supports

In that it states that it does not pay for things that

• relates to day-to-day living costs that are not related to a participant's support needs.  It would be proving that your ride on mower is not just a cost that is a day to day living cost.

It may be tricky but you can always try - worst thing is that they say no, but you can always try.

Hope this helps, 

Thanks @JazzHands
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance