Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

FloatingFeather
Senior Contributor

NATIONAL BRING YOUR DOG TO WORK DAY- 24 JUNE 2022!

The many benefits of taking your dog to work for both you and your dog

Some very lucky people get to work with dogs as part of their job – dog walkers, police dog handlers, service dog trainers etc but for the rest of us the dream of taking our beloved pooch to work may just be a pipe dream except for 24 June 2022 which is National Bring Your Dog to Work Day in Australia!

Hooray, I hear you say! But did you know there are some very good reasons to take your dog to work that actually have a few amazing benefits!

Good for Mental Health

It has been found that employees who bring their dogs to work can reduce stress levels, lower blood pressure and can promote a sense of calm.  Having your dog at work can also remind an employee to take regular, meaningful breaks which promotes a greater sense of well-being.  These mental breaks help to fight stress and can allow clearer thinking.  Many studies have found that when people interact with dogs (or other animals) the brain releases oxytocin which triggers feelings of happiness and decreases stress.  A person’s mood can lift, their demeanour can change, and you can start to think more optimistically – sounds like a great idea to me!

Improves office Communication and Morale

Dogs’ can help people relax and are a good talking point between co-workers.  Having your dog at work helps people feel more comfortable and can help foster more meaningful interactions and communications between co-workers.  A dogs comical and caring nature can help create reasons for laughter and cheerfulness in the office.

Pets and Productivity

Taking you dog to work can actually improve productivity in the workplace due to less stress and more meaningful mental breaks.  Studies have shown that people who don’t take breaks actually can impede productivity due to lack of clear thinking.  Having breaks which involve interacting with your beloved pooch can mean that you focus on tasks better – so it’s a win for both you and your employer!

So, here’s to National Bring Your Dog to Work Day on 24 June 2022.  May it be as paw-some as your four-legged friend!!

#Takeyourdogtoworkday, #BringYourDogToWorkDay 🐶😁

FloatingFeather_0-1656021704019.png

7 REPLIES 7

Re: NATIONAL BRING YOUR DOG TO WORK DAY- 24 JUNE 2022!

Thanks for bringing this day to our attention @FloatingFeather 😄🐶

Being a dog lover and having the great honour of having a dog companion for moat of my life,  I know the many great benefits they bring to our lives. 

Sadly I lost my latest little doggy companion a few months ago,  due to an incurable illness. 

Of course I know I can never replace my dear little Holly.  But when the time is right,  I will bring another little dog into my home. 

I think its wonderful that employers realise the many benefits of permitting pets into workplaces where it is possible. Times are changing for the better. 

Emelia

Oh I love this so much! That dog looks a lot like my bulldog lol

I used to work in an office where the managers brought their two Japanese spitz's and it was amazing for us all to have these beautiful boys near us while we worked.

😍😍😍

Hi @Emelia8,

I'm a dog lover too - I have had many over the years and they have all been so important to me and brought me so much happiness.

I'm sorry to read about Holly - that can't have been easy. Especially, if like me, your dog is like your family. 

Yes I agree that it is great that employees are realising what we already knew @Emelia8, pets are so good for your soul and offer so many positive benefits 😉.

Best wishes, 

FloatingFeather 

Wow I wish I knew about this earlier hehe

Me too @Christheart!

All those years I could have taken my dogs to work that I missed out on lol 😉

yes yes yes @FloatingFeather 

I love this! Now I just need to get a dog! 

100 per cent @TuxedoCat 

You can never have too many pets, right?! 🤣🐶❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance