Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

barbie
Casual Contributor

what does my future hold so worried

i am on stress leave anyone been on stress leave before that can help

13 REPLIES 13

Re: what does my future hold so worried

Sorry you are under so much stress @barbie
I hope things can turn around for you

Hi @barbie,

As you will see I have moved your post to this area which is a bit more suitable and will offer you more opportunity for replies.

You may also find it useful to use the search bar at the top of the page to find any other threads around things you may be interested in as well!

Welcome to the forum and I hope all is going okay with the stress leave.

Lauz

Sorry things are tough atm @barbie

Somehow your post slipped through the cracks a bit.

I know @utopia and @Zoe7 are on leave and may be able to relate.  I am more at the retirement end.

Take Care

Apple

Hi @barbie. Yes I went on stress leave. Initially it was for 3 weeks. Then I went back to work for 2 days. It didn't work out. So back on stress leave and then Workcover.
How has your employer been? Have they acknowledged your stress? If it's workplace related, are they looking into rectifying those things that led to your stress?
Thanks @Appleblossom for the tag

Hi @Appleblossom thanks for reply
My investigator and insurer have confirmed im now on workers comp they dont think it is fit for me to return to this workplace because of going ons and dealings legaly i dont know where i stand as house is supplied by employer with job

Oh @barbie That is an added complication and would really add to your stress.

I would start looking around for alternatives but not act until you are more certain what the legal situation is.

@barbie - even while you're on WorkCover - you are still classed as an employee of that company. So my guess is that you keep living in the house.
But if you talk to your union they maybe able to advise you, based on what your contract states.

Hi Barbie , sorry to read your on stress leave and hope whatever is causing it soon resolves itself. As to your statement about stress leave , yes , I have been on stress leave but would not recommend going through this course .If stress is not work related , than hopefully you will have an understanding employer and may be able to extend it . If it is work related , and you are seeking compensation , then you are going to find it just as stressful as the stress that you originally suffered from. I was employed in the state public service and the supposed assistance I got offered was used against me in a medical tribunal . I did win my case , having a union solicitor and only after threatening to go public about how supportive the union was in helping their members but not member against a employer barrister. Good documentation , well kept records , support of a psychiastrist and a good case assisted in my claim .. however I was medically retired on the grounds of being unfit for duty.. another case settled out of court for unfair dismissal . Think twice about your circumstances . Wish you well .

Ok so update is i have been accepted for work compensation but still unsure and still not well do not know what this means for me my employer is a bully and is threatning how it started was i raised issues with work safe and fair work about our hours worked and our pay we can work up to 180 per fortnight do not get paid overtime do not get public holiday pay
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance