Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

is it ok for my psychologist to do this?

I saw my psychologist and we talked about some things and they wanted to send my case manager an email but i didnt want them too and they said they wouldnt for now but if things were still the same or worse next week that they would even if i didnt want them too. i dont want them to do anything and i dont understand because i am not suicidal or anything like that so i dont get how it would be a saftey thing either. was my psychologist being pushy or is there something else going on? 

i feel pressure now to be "fine" within a week i dont like feeling pressured in this way. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: is it ok for my psychologist to do this?

Sorry you feel that way. Perhaps they haven't thought that you were suicidal or anything of that nature they just want to plan together to give you the best support and and noticing perhaps something outside your scope that might be worth focussing on. In the long run it will be to help you as that is what they are there for -- so dont feel pressure to feel fine if you dont just be honest and the best outcomes will eventually come. Sounds like you're getting support from professional people trained to help with this so thats great. Take care.. 🙂

Hi @Eden1919. Last time you were on the forums, you said you'd been having trouble sleeping and you sounded quite distressed. Perhaps that's why your psych wants to get in touch with your case manager, because they can see you're struggling a bit.

@DD_ @Gwynn  Thanks I am not sure if she is trying to trick me or not though which is making it hard to believe she has good intentions idk I guess I have a week to figure it out. 

Hi @Eden1919 ,

I can understand how you feel. 

I guess case managers and psychologists have different roles. Psychologists may need the expertise of a case manager and vice versa. Hence, they work as a team. 

My case manager always worked with my psychologist as well as my entire treating team so as to come up with the best treating plan. You can always speak directly to your case manager - as the need arises.

All the best,

BPDSurvivor

@Eden1919  Sounds like a conversation to be had with them  to understand why your psychologist may be wanting to make contact with your case manager.

Feeeling pressured to look like youve got it togther is awful. I have gone down this track with a psychologist and it leaves a wedge in the relationship. wastes our time and $

If you dont want them to talk to your case manager then that clearly needs to be articulated and clarity about when they would want to make contact and for what reason.  Sounds like its important to You to have your needs respected and consent too. .Developing a safe relationship with Your psychologist is the guts of care. They have a duty of care and if they pervceive you are at risk and want to make contact with Your case manager to get a sense of your capacity, those intentions sound like they are for You,

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance