Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Darkloner74
New Contributor

friends

First post here. I’m really struggling right now. I see no future for myself. I have nobody in my life except my parents, my cats and my psych team. I forget what friendship is like, having been isolated for so long (I’m 24) and too anxious to leave the house very much. I wonder whether anyone could ever care about me as a friend (or more, yikes) and I’m tired of going between not caring about anything and then caring so much it hurts. I struggle with chronic suicidal thoughts/feelings and have attempted before, and whilst I don’t think I would yet, it feels almost inevitable once my parents and beloved cats move on. 

I don’t really know what I’m looking for here. A companion, maybe? Perhaps some miracle cure to the pain I feel in my heart. Sometimes I don’t even know why I hurt.

Oh and yes, I’m in therapy/on meds, etc. - this kind of help is something I’ve already got, which I am very grateful for.

3 REPLIES 3
Eucalypt
Senior Contributor

Re: friends

Welcome @Darkloner74,

It is nice to welcome you to the forums. I am glad that you have found your way here and I hope that you will make some connections that will go some way towards easing your feelings of isolation. Many members will identify with your feeling that you want to have some people apart from close family and mental health professionals in your life! Hearing other peoples' stories and strategies for managing challenges can be really useful. It can take a while to work out where the conversations are that interest you, so take your time.
Some new members like to introduce themselves here on this social thread.
Again, welcome

Zoe7
Community Guide

Hi @Darkloner74 and welcome to the forum. There are many here struggling with simialr things as you so you are not alone with your feelings or thoughts.

It is a great place to meet people who are having simialr experiences or have experienced the same things in the past and therefore can share their experiences. It is also a great place to meet people who understand just how tough life can be when dealing with a mental illness but it is through these share trajectories that we all connect.

Have a look around the forum and if you have any further questions then feel welcome to tag me and I will do my best to help you out.

Again welcome and I hope you find this a supportive and caring place to connect with people that understand a little of what you are going through Smiley Happy

@Darkloner74 Hi and welcome. I hope you can find some relief here with some of your feelings and emotions. I can relate to you when you mentioned you were tired of going between feelings of not caring about anything and caring too much. I somewhat have given up trying. The roller coaster ride is exhausting. Good on you for sharing your thoughts, I really hope you can find some friends here that can cheer you up. 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance