Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Razzle
Senior Contributor

Why would anyone come forward now

If our legal system can't keep that POS cardinal in jail, what hope do the rest of us have.

Who on earth would come forward to Police and go through the court system now when justice will never be served anyway.  

I've lost all faith in our justice system. Clearly the pedo's are in all reaches of society, the high court included.

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Why would anyone come forward now

Just heard the news too @Razzle and cannot believe it myself. So much for a jury decision hey - and you are right - who the hell would come forward now!!!! The fault must now lie with the prosecution team though - they clearly did not do their job properly for it to be overturned Smiley Sad

hi @Razzle 

Im devistated by the news, a catholic child abuse survivor myself i can't come to terms with what little meaning ruining my life means to society and the legal system. it is like they thing we can be abused and just "get over it" he walks free after not even a year and one of the people he abused has lost his life and the other is struggling to survive.

im so disallusioned be how our society and the world in general approves or condones child abuse..... i don't know where we all go from here. 

my life was destroyed at the age of 8 and i will never get the chance to experiance a "normal life" the constant fear and anxiety is often overwehelming and knowing there is no reason or porpose to come forward for justice destroys me.

Hi @Jacques @Razzle @Zoe7 

It's a good question - why would anyone come forward now - this must be so discouraging and right now too - with some much happening in all societies with the COVID-19

The church failed me too - a long time ago - and I have left the church and I still have my faith - I'm not a catholic  - whether this makes a difference I will never know - but George Pell doesn't seem to affect me - though I certainly know that others are suffering and will suffer

But I do consider this - he is not a young man and there is still a question in my mind about his alleged crimes - so much will never be understood or even know. But he has been in prison and suffered I have no doubt

But I care for my colleages here and know that it should be the case that no one is above the law - if that is truly the case - and the events are murky and unpleasant as we well and hard to understand - believe or not

But the question remains and it is a good one 

Why should anyone come forward? Can anyone in our judicial system answer that?

Dec

I feel very angry about him being let off, but why didnt those other victims come forward earlier. It would have given more weight to the other victims case.   There was a lot of money thrown at this case,so it was not suprising it had the top lawyers that money could buy.   The high court is the final say.   I feel very sorry for all the victims world wide who suffered from the wrong doings of these abusive false servants of God.   I hope that there is a true God and all these animals get to stand before him, and have to answer for what they have done.  If I could give you a hug , I would . I feel your pain from afar       jay2

@Zoe7 

I don't think I could ever sit on a jury.  I've been called up twice but was out of the country on both occasions so couldn't sit.  If I were to be called now I'd flat out refuse.  Why bother when it can so easily be overturned anyway.

The whole system is flawed, there doesn't seem to be any sense at

all in going to the police in the first instance.  

Hello everyone, this is understandably very upsetting and distressing news for a lot of us. We will all have our own personal responses to the latest news and it's super important that we are mindful of the impact this could be having on not only us, but our forum community also. Some may consider that Pell has not endured much at all, this is down to perspective, but we must be mindful of each other and push through this together.

We have created a thread where trauma survivors can share their thoughts and feelings here 

Please take good care of yourselves today and reach out when you need.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

@Jacques 

I wasn't a victim of the church, but I was robbed of my life at age 8 too.  I have 6 offenders (2 repeat) over a 5 year period and have never had the guts to bring any of them to justice.  I wouldn't even dream of it now 

Thankyou @Moonstone 

Hugs to you all @Razzle @jay2 @Owlunar @Jacques 

im lost for words 

anger and ashamed to be a catholic 

(non practising now)

my heart goes out to everyone ❤️

@Jacques hugs. I wasn't abused by the church but same age as you by three different guys. 
I hope you're ok xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance