Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Why would anyone come forward now

Hi @jay2 the reason people do not come forward sooner is 3 fold, the abuse is covered up by the abusers, when you do tell someone you are not believed because you are considered a trouble maker and punished and the shame of it.

It is not easy to confront the people who are considered by society as "respected members of the community" 

@BlueBay and @Razzle I was abused every day for a whole year by the same nun. No one believed me or helped me when I reached out 😢

Oh @Jacques  my heart aches for you. Pls take care. Xxoo

Hey @Jacques I am so sorry to hear of this experience, that is absolutely not okay. We all are here to remind you what an incredibly strong and authentic person you are, thank you for sharing this with us, please know we're all here in unison with this, alongside you Heart 

You're so right with this - it feels like another kick to the face. It hurts my heart, for others and myself that have not yet reported the abusers, for those who have reported and weren't taken seriously and for those who got let down by the system. I know, mine will all walk this Earth freely. It's sickening. 

@Razzle @Jacques @BlueBay @Isabelle @jay2 @Zoe7 this is a truly terrible time. I hope you know your experiences are heard and believed here and the community is sitting with you. We'll get through this together Heart

Tortoiseshell 

Thanks @Tortoiseshell ❤️

Hey @Razzle I have been on a jury and it is incredibly hard to make a decision when all the facts are not presented or there are gaps in what is - but the question remains in this case ...how can we believe in our justice system where a jury verdict is overturned - that is now down to the prosecution case and the evidence they presented - guilty or not it certainly does not make it a fair system for victims to come forward.

Not over yet, he is not completely off the hook .  He is going to have to face 10 civil cases. Hopefully the catholic church will get sued for zillions.  jay2

Ditto

I agree with everybody

I have no words about it ... for now.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance