Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lemonjuice
Senior Contributor

What's the difference between...

...being physically alive but emotionally/psychologically dead and being physically dead?  Everything feels like it's one gigantic stage drama and someone has put us in as actors but forgotten to tell us that it's all an act.  I'm basically living for other people, because there's no 'me'...now that dad and mum are gone, my sister lives away from me, and my niece and nephew are grown and are going to be leaving anyday, there's no me anymore and I just don't see what the difference is between a 'no me' and dead me?  I'm probably not making any sense, sorry.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: What's the difference between...

Hey @Lemonjuice 👋 

My very therapy driven response (as in heard lots from my therapist) would be that while you are physically alive you have a chance to find ‘me’. I am very familiar with this part personally. Some days are ok but some I feel defeated like it’s too late to teach this old dog new tricks. I’m trying to just get through the defeated days one step at a time. The good days are starting to outnumber the bad. It takes time to get to this point though and you are still raw from recent life events. Go easy on you. Maybe it would be helpful to see if you can find one thing a day to smile about. It might be something small but they add up if you are open to them. 

I havent got much more than that but wanted to respond as I connected with that post ....as I often do with your posts. Best wishes.

@Teej  That's a pretty cool response.  Thanks.  I hope you are right and I am really happy that you are having more good days than bad.  

hey @Lemonjuice 

if you get lonely & isolated you might need to go to a bunch of meetups.

I made all my friends that way. I have BPD so that makes all my friendships tumultous and torurous but I keep at it.

Other than that I'm lost in nightmarish psychotic symptoms most of the time as my meds don't do much. I'm just trying to do strenuous activity every day to get fit. If you neglect your physical body you could wind up with a bunch of health problems or diseases like diabetes & obesity. I loathe doctors and doctors' appointments, got way too many on my plate with the GP & pdoc, so I look at all my health efforts as preventative.

@BryanaCamp thanks for the encouragement. I don't have any friends but I probably need to force myself to start friendships, join some groups.  Work in progress.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance