Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

What can you do when you are really scared of someone/thing?

I am really not sure what to do i am extremely scared of some people that have hurt me in the past and and i am constantly having nightmares about it and flashbacks and panic attacks and i am scared to go anywhere near the place where it happened and everytime i think about what they did to me i burst into tears and it can take ages to calm down and i feel constantly on edge and am parranoid about it happening again (these people hurt me mulitiple times) and i really am not coping with what happened at all. i have tried talking to my psychologist about it but it is not helping and i just keep getting more and more scared. what should i do?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: What can you do when you are really scared of someone/thing?

Hi @Eden1919

Dec here - I hear what you are saying and it sounds terrible. I hope that it's possible for you to avoid these people most of the time. When people go out of their way to hurt you they are being trashy and I feel you are a better person. Apart from avoiding them there is still how you feel - I understand - talk to your therapist about your feelings and some grounding techniques 

All the best Eden - Dec 

Re: What can you do when you are really scared of someone/thing?

i have tried talking to my psychologist they arent helping

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance