Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: To hospital or not to hospital

Hi @Doglover , sorry for slow reply.. some of my notifications aren't coming through like normal.  It's understandable that your husband might be reluctant to support you going to another hospital, but, I wouldn't rule it out completely.  It's far from ideal, but, one can only take so much DL and you are stretched pretty darn thin right now.  You know yourself best.  

Maybe start keeping track of the ingredients in the meds that you are taking as well as how you are reacting to them.  You are probaably doing this now, I don't know.  It's going to be hard to know what stuff is really effecting you as most of it's going to be in your system for 4-6 weeks so even if you are on 'good' meds you might not see the benefits for some time.  

I imagine your mind is racing and pretty frantic trying to process everything.  I would try and focus on one thing and try to let everything else go.  I don't know what the one thing is, maybe the next time you get day release, getting through to dinner, whatever. 

I understand the nurses can't do much, but, normally they do write up pretty detailed reports of interactions and any observations they have.  If you are consistent with your feedback, in time I think it will help show that you are thinking clearly and clear of mind.  

I'm a christian,but, I don't go to church very often.  I found myself praying last year after my brothers accident and took some comfort in it then and when I was in hospital as well.  I'm doing pretty well, grinding along at work and finding it a bit diffucult, but, I can't complain to much about anything.  Picked up some 'diamond painting' things as a bit of a new hobby to try soon.  You can check the craft thread for some pics if your interested or I can post them here for you as well.  🙂 HeartHeart

Sorry again for slow reply, keep your chin up and keep fighting 🙂  You will get through it.

@Doglover  hello I am sorry the hospital has not been maybe as helpful as you had hoped..... i wouldnt neccesarily say that your symptoms are only psychosamatic.... perhaps though they are a combination. what i mean is that stress can often make any underlying health issues much more difficult to deal with and make them worse and you do sound very stressed (also on a side note that could be where the sore neck and shoulders comes from when i am stressed I tense all my muscles and then they end up hurting the day or so after a really stressful day) anyway, so i guess you could have an underlying issue that is causing problems but that the stress is making it flare up so in a sense it is both physical and mental. but that said some people just have really nasty side effects from coming off meds or meds in general. i remember at one point one of my meds was causing an issue which my doctor refused to accept was a result of the med and i ended up digging through the company that made the meds websites and info to try and sort out what was going on and basically found mention of the side effect in the very fine and almost hidden nobody knows about it fine print. and another med i was on had a side effect which the company ended up being sued for because they knew about it and DIDN'T include it in their side effects info to doctors or patients and there was a class action lawsuit cause it had done quite a bit of damage. but it is not common but not unheard of either that some side effects go unreported by the company making it and mostly these are very rare but it is still bad for the people that do get affected. 

but i would consider what options you have and try and see which is going to be the least stressful one because i think to really be able to know what is going on in your body you have to have the least stress possible. but i am sorry things are so difficut for you i encourage you to keep looking and advocating for your needs because regardless of where the issue is coming from it is still a problem that needs to be addressed properly.  

@Doglover HeartHeartHeart

Hope your okay and maybe had some time at home with your husband and dog.  Sending you lots of prayers and well wishes.

Hey there, I was just reading the beginning of the thread and was wondering if the admission ended up being to a public or private facility? As I am in a similar situation.

Thanks 🙂

Hi @M24 , I ended up being admitted privately. The facilities r nicer than our local public hospital, however after 2.5 weeks in here, I hav got significantly worse and nobody seems to be hearing me. But that's just my situation in 1 hospital, obviously can't say about neone else's experience. Sorry I can't b more helpful. 

Hi @Eden1919 , just wanted to thank u for ur long post on the 21st. Sorry I hav not replied sooner, and sorry that this reply doesn't do ur post justice. Just don't hav it in me. But I rly appreciate ur post and ur support. Thank u. 

Thanks so much @Gazza75 . Things  r not good this end Gazza. My anxiety symptoms r thru the roof and no medication is helping. In hospital, discharging me Tuesday even tho I'm a mess and my anxiety symptoms r thru the roof. Pretty concerned. Did hav time with hubby n dog today. Its hard to enjoy nething when ur in the state I'm in. 

@Doglover, reading about your suffering on other threads.to. Really really sux you aren't getting the support and help you should be getting. Seems to.me they should have a duty of care and releasing you like you are is irresponsible 

Hope you can get some rest and sleep soon, it's a horrible experience you are going through. Wish I had.some.ideas to.help. Maybe see normal GP and get some general tests done, ie. blood work to see if anything shows up.

Thoughts and. Prayers with you. DL. Hang in there as best you can  ♥️♥️♥️🏵🏵

@Doglover  dont worry about a short reply I just wrote so much in hope some of it would be useful lol. also you said you were being discharged soon.... is it at about the 3 week mark? because there is a thing with private hospitals where they discharge everyone around the 3rd week and it actually has nothing to do with the patient but apperantly after 3 weeks most insurance companies stop paying the full amount and so if the hospital keeps you they will only get some money from the health insurance but not all of it so they dont like to keep you. this was the case in 2 private hospitals i went to (i had top health cover so it wasnt the type i had). it sucks but that just seems to be how it is so unless they think you will be unsafe the second you are discharged they dont tend to keep people much longer. 

Hi @Doglover 🙂

Hope are you are hanging in there and your symptoms are getting better.  It seems ass backward that you got worse in hospital and are hopefully improving after being released.  Anyway, I know you have been trying so hard to get through this crazy time,  praying that you are turning a corner with everything now.

You should be proud of how you have handled everything.  It's not an easy burden when no one listens to you propertly and when simple things become a battle. Hope to hear from you soon, even if you just press support for a little while 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance