Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Apple63
Casual Contributor

Struggling

Hi there,

i have just joined, as I’m struggling.. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Struggling

Hi @Apple63 and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you're struggling. Is there anything in particular you'd like to share or that maybe you're looking for support with?

There are lots of people here who understand struggles of different kinds. I hope you find it helpful to be here.

Hello @Apple63 and welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear you're struggling.tonight , we are here for youif you like to talk about it Heart

Thank you... Yes I’m feeling very down and I don’t feel connected...
I’ve been through much over the past, and always soldiered on..
This time I can’t ...

Welcome @Apple63. It's really hard when we are struggling. When what used to work for us is no longer working.I can relate and am going through the same now.

The meds that used to help with my depression no longer work. My therapy sessions no longer work.

So back to the psychiatrist to find a new solution.

Have you spoken to your psychiatrist or psychologist about this? Have they offered any alternatives? Are they being supportive? or more to the point, do you feel supported by them?

Would you like to share your 'diagnosis'? you don't have to. But just to let you know that you can share anything here, anonamously and there will be no judgement, no criticisms, only understanding and support and maybe some ideas of what helped others.

Thank you for your reply.. 

I’m so numb and disconnected due to recent events, that I’m struggling mentally... 

I’m 54, single, due to walking away from a sociopath ... 

I have had tough times since, and have been thrown another curve ball... My glass is empty .. 

Hi there,
I have been to a psychologist, due to working in an abusive environment.
I had to leave, as the workplace became too extreme... Over the past few years, both parents have passed..
My brother cremated my mother without telling me... My daughter has become very hostile.. I know you don’t know me, and must seem like a nutcase... I can assure I’m not..
I have worked in the health and services for many years, and worked as a private Hospice Nurse for 20 odd years..
Life has worn me down, and I just wish I’d stop breathing..

Hi @Apple63 and welcome

If you put an @ in front of the members name itll tag them for you.

Im sorry your struggling  though. It seems so much has happened for you in your life,its alot to handle on your own. You said youve seen a psych, would you consider going back to one?  Do you have any current supports in place? 

@Sans911maybe you could help....

Morning @Apple63

self care is very important too my friend for you , what things do you enjoy

hello @outlander, @utopia, @CheerBear

Hi @Apple63 We are all fruitcakes here in the nicest possible way. Smiley Happy

There are nurses, teachers, farmers, clerical and medical workers to name a few of the occupations of people posting on this site.

Smiley Happy

We are prepared to admit when times are tough.

Join in conversations as you feel or start new ones.  There are serious and chatty threads.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance