Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Christheart
Senior Contributor

Struggling tonight

I'm having a lot of trouble with SI tonight ☹ I find myself making plans and arrangements in my head ☹

I still go to work, and when I've been well I've really enjoyed my work

... But being around people, is just so hard... and I'm always thinking about what they're thinking of me... and I've lost all my sense of humour and any wit... all I have is depression and difficulty focusing... 

Really struggling... trying to stay positive... going to watch some positive YouTube videos... 

I am safe. I just want to get better. 

😔 x

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Struggling tonight

I hear you @Christheart ,

I’ve been in that dip in the past. It took a lot of effort to work myself out of it. 

Sorry if you mentioned this in the past, but have you spoken to your GP about it? If you have, do you have someone you can regularly talk to about how you are feeling?

Id also encourage you to reach out to the SANE drop-in service Mon-Fri 10am-10pm on 1800 187 263 - they are awesome to speak to (well I think so lol).

You don’t have to feel alone in this. We are here for you,

tyme

Sorry to read your struggling tonight @Christheart and just know you’re not alone. Good to see you’re being proactive with this and finding something to distract yourself with on YouTube. Just know it’s okay not to be okay and that brighter days will follow. Be gentle on yourself and remember what other people think of you is none of your business. It’s how you think of yourself is what matters so make a list of all your unique and beautiful qualities to remind your self of your strengths. Rest well this evening and try not to overthink things. Just breathe smile and go slowly. 🙏

Thank u so much @tyme I have been waiting for my appointment, there was a 3 week wait, it is this Thursday, getting a referral to a new psychiatrist, and asking for a head scan because I know there has been something mechanically wrong with my brain since my drug use 7 years ago... 

Thank u again for your kind words

@Krishna 

That's so true thay what other people think of me is none of my business. 

And I truly want to believe one day I will feel better 

Thank u for your support ..x

I’m sorry you’re having struggles with si tonight @Christheart 

and it must be exhausting for you. I struggle with that a lot too and what I try to do when I start making plans is try and figure out a plan b for distraction. This might include going for a walk on the beach, meeting a friend for a cuppa either irl or virtually on these forums, cooking something yummy, reading, playing music or just tearing the day off the calendar and going to bed. I put all my plan b’s in a bucket and pick one out. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn’t.

Sending lots of love 💕 

Sitting in that place tonight too @Christheart  making plans and arrangements in my head. Can’t stop thinking about it. Tis scary. 

It's such a frustrating space to sit in @Bow @Christheart .

You've probably heard this all before, but distraction is helpful. 

To be honest, using these forums is also a form of distraction. If it means setting up a 'feel good' thread, go for it - whatever floats your boat (within guidelines of course).

I'm happy to help out if you have any ideas in particular.

I want you both to know that you do not need to feel alone in this. I've walked this path many times where I continue contemplating and making plans. Please don't beat yourself up over these plans because ultimately, they are thoughts, and you are not judged by them.

We are here for you, and sitting with you.

Have you visited the The Ice-Memery thread? I love to have a laugh here when I don't feel so good.

tyme

All feels too hard tonight. Need an easy way out

So true. I hear you @Bow .

And easy way out is always so tempting. 

I used to give in. Now, self-talk gets the better of me:

- Where there's victory, there's a battle

I also think, as parents, we endure so much and go through so much. Yet, why do mother's say they want another child? Is it because the joy you gain outweighs the pain?

Likewise, will the satisfaction we receive after a period of difficulty outweigh the current pain?

These are just some of my thoughts that often consider to help me hold on when things are tough.

I face challenges each and every day, yet I know these challenges are working to make me a better person. That's why I embrace them.

My thoughts are with you @Bow @Christheart 

tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance