Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Struggling: TW suicide

@tyme I cook sometimes. But I think I am only going to enjoy food when I develop a healthier relationship with food. I write sometimes though, that can be therapeutic. I feel like I am able to capture more emotions through poetry than journaling.

Wow, that's a great outlet @creative_writer - words are powerful. Even when examining some of the classical literature, I am always in awe at how they use words to gain power, meaning and understanding.

If you like poetry, does that mean you also like music?

@tyme I do like music but I don’t write songs. Words can have significance. I generally find it more helpful to describe how I am feeling, use a metaphor than to simply say I am upset, sad, angry, anxious and hurt.

That is so powerful @creative_writer . I admire your love to write poetry.

@tyme I’m in bed almost dozing off. Take care and hope you get lots of rest. Goodnight 🙂

Thank you @creative_writer - I'll be hopping off shortly too. Please take care and I hope to catch up with you tomorrow.

Finished your assignment yet @creative_writer ?

I was supposedly 'sick' this morning and thought I'd stay home and rest. In the end, I washed three cars, did the gardening, cleaning the pool, did 3 loads of washing..... my throat is shockingly swollen, but at least I feel accomplished today.

You are very “accomplished” today @tyme ,

Take care 💜

@tyme I have like almost 2000 more words to go. So far from done. I’ve done some reading from book chapters and have analysed what I need to use for the first section of assignment. I think my brain is fried right now, I need to take a shower to clear my head and get rid of this ickiness. Not so used to living on the edge of assignments, I know some people are. I think you’ve achieved an amazing amount despite being unwell, maybe it’s time to take it easy now? ❤️

@Eve7 hope you are feeling better today ❤️

A shower for you sounds like a good idea @creative_writer . Readings do take a while in the beginning, and that's the bulk of your research? Hopefully the words flow after that.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance