Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ButterflyWings
Senior Contributor

(Sorry if in wrong place...please feel free to move) Ugh...Heads!

The link between chronic pain and mental health is clear. I've had a migraine for almost 2 weeks with very little relief. I'm on a new med at night but it's not helping much and I don't want to increase the dose before seeing my GP next week. I just want one day without a cluster attack. It's affecting me to the point of not being able to leave the house. This makes isolation I already feel from other situations so much worse. My joy for life is very little to none. No immediate threat to me but boy are the feelings strong! LifeLine hung up on me twice in the past fortnight when I tried to reach out, the last call taker even said to solve things myself, which is dangerous to say to someone vulnerable.

I just do not know what to do right now. Sorry to blurt it out like this. Feel trapped with no one to talk to.

1 REPLY 1

Re: (Sorry if in wrong place...please feel free to move) Ugh...Heads!

Oh goodness @ButterflyWings that is ROUGH. I am so sorry that Lifeline treated you that way, that's awful. There's a couple alternatives for crisis lines if you wanted to check em out:

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling 

Samaritans: 135 247

You can also contact SANE's support line for non-crisis support - sounds like you could use a space to vent and explore options and stuff. Unfortunately they're closed for tonight, but you can buzz em tomorrow, they're available Mon-Fri, 10am-8pm on 1800 187 263. 

I'm glad you 'blurted it out', you don't deserve to be alone in this. My best friend always says, "What's shareable is bearable", so feel free to use this space to vent as much as you need to. We'll be here for ya 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance