Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

horsecrazy4eva
Casual Contributor

Sleep 😴

Is it me that doesn’t like to get up early?! 

yet my brain seems to get the best sleep from about 5am or even 9am in the morning?! 

I don’t like to stay up late but my brain always thinks about something and something else and it doesn’t seem to stop or maybe it’s the night after I close my eyes my brain starts to then think about stuff 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Sleep 😴

You're quite right there @horsecrazy4eva .

If you look at evolution, the ancestors had to be alert while sleeping or predators and the enemy would eat them alive! Hence, it's only natural to have an over stimulated mind in the evening. 

Today's society means we do not have to rely on thinking in the evening in order to survive. IN turn this means that we think about every other thing instead!

Not sure if watching light shows, meditating, reading, colouring etc will help you wind down in the evenings.

All the best, 

tyme

@horsecrazy4eva ,

This youtube clip might help you understand why our mind dwells on thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv6HkipQcfA

I found these clips by Dr Russ Harris quite helpful.

tyme

Did you know the human mind has evolved in such a way that it naturally creates psychological suffering? Find out more in this exclusive clip from Dr. Russ Harris's Happiness Trap 8-week online program! www.thehappinesstrap.com

@horsecrazy4eva I completely understand the brain keeps ticking. 

While over the years I've heard how having a TV in the bedroom is wrong, I'd never get any sleep if I didn't have my TV on all night. 

Even when I wake in middle of night I turn it back on & 99% of the time I can get back to sleep quickly. 

When not at home I use my tablet & headphones to help sleep. 

Reading also makes me drowsy.

Hopefully you'll find something that distracts your brain from keeping you awake. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance