Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Kelbel75
New Contributor

Separation

I met my husband in 2012, we married 2014 and one month later I was diagnosed Bipolar after years of depression and not being able to find a happy ok medium.

Fast forward to today and my marriage is over. 5 years of hell and turmoil has taken it's toll. We separated in January because I made him leave but against my better judgement, we tried again. It's just too hard to work with.

I am currenyly rapid cycling after being stable for a couple of months after a med change. I see my mental health clinician tomorrow morn.

I will be ok. Just needed to tell it to someone. 

3 REPLIES 3
Owlunar
Senior Contributor

Re: Separation

Hi @Kelbel75 

Welcome to the forum family - hopefully you can find some support and even on-line friendship here - people are very sensitive and help people whenever we can

I separated from my husband after over 23 years of marriage - 30 years ago this year - I can assure you that things have been much better than before the separation but for a couple of years I found it very hard - and understand what you are saying - 

It must be worse with bipolar - it's necessary to make a new life and that can be hard - 

I do wish you the best with your interview tomorrow and I really hope you can find the easier way of life eventually - it's there - it's not easy to find

All the best - 

Dec

Gazza75
Senior Contributor

Hi @Kelbel75 , welcome to the forum.  I hope your appointment went well.  I was diagnosed with bipolar a bit of a year ago.  I haven't gone through rapid cycing.  I had a pretty bad manic episode, but, have been pretty stable since.  I am sorry to hear about your troubles, but, its alright to let it all out, hoefully it helps 🙂

Ali11
Community Builder

Welcome @Kelbel75, thanks for sharing with us Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance