Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Phoenix_Rising
Senior Contributor

Riding a wave

Hi all,

@CherryBomb, @Lunar or any other @Former-Member floating around Forum Land, will you ride a wave with me? I thought I would be fine doing something...but it turns out that the something has made my big feelings BIG and now I'm in a pickle...and there's nothing worse than a pickled turtle! I'm going to go and snuggle in my bed so I probably won't actually respond to you, but it will still super help me to know that I am not utterly alone on the wave. I don't want to tag anyone else because I don't want anyone to feel they need to respond. Thank you in advance for riding with me. Smiley Happy

upside down turtle in a pickle.jpg

4,628 REPLIES 4,628

Re: Riding a wave

Hey there @Phoenix_Rising,

Hows the wave going? is there room for someone else to ride the wave with you? I apologise for the delay responding, I just started at midday.

Hello @Phoenix_Rising

I am over here just checking out these starfish on the ocean floor while you ride that wave, I'll be close okay but letting you do your thing on your wave 🙂 let me know if I can help anymore alright?

Screenshot 2017-03-22 12.06.29.png

*takes out her surfboard* Ready and waiting to go!

What you have described here in your post is exactly what this community is here for - people to ride the waves (big and small) with each other.

You are in a super supportive community and I'm sure others, even though we're not sure of the details of what's going on, will just let you know they are here riding beside you.

Nik

@NikNik, @Lunar, @NotLabelDefined Thank you for riding with me. This too shall pass. Smiley Happy

big waves.jpg

@Phoenix_Rising. You are not alone. I'm sitting on the beach -keeping a safe eye on you.

Hi @Phoenix_Rising I'm riding a pretty big wave myself today and for someone who isn't the best swimmer it's not such a great feeling. I'll stay away from your wave and hope we can both make it to shore safely soon.

@Lunar That is a super nice picture of you checking out the starfish. Did you know that you have a big green fish swimming under your tummy? Does that tickle? Smiley Happy

Can I just say...knowing that I can jump on here and get support when things START to go awry, makes the awryness much easier to contain so that it doesn't go SUPER awry. Unless you have actually been a person with BPD trying to access support, you have no idea what an amazingly novel experience this is. Thank you @NikNik for making the forums such an awesome space. Smiley Happy

@Zoe7 Smiley Happy

just keep swimming.jpg

I'm here for you too @Zoe7. ♥♥
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance