Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Shimmy
Casual Contributor

Paranoid and hearing voices

Since the beginning of the year I've been plauged with negative voices, I can't distinguish if they are real or just a figment of my imagination. I'm becoming increasingly paranoid turning on friends that I have known for over a decade. I have no self confidence and feel like I'm spiralling into and endless hole which I seem to continually make deeper. I've been down in the dumps before but never like this, I don't know what to do, these thoughts are making me socially awkward and functioning on a day to day basis is just getting harder. Talking about this is very difficult and even when I try to talk to friends I am all muddled up and can't explain what's going on which just makes things more confusing and awkward. I am worried about talking to a doctor because I don't want to be chucked im the crazy box and live my life as a zombie on meds designed to absolve feeling entirely. Please help I don't know how to conquer this and my former self seems to be drifting further and further away.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Paranoid and hearing voices

As a result I am struggling to make eye contact and always struggling "not to look" at inappropriate body parts out of the corner of my eye. This is making people around me think I am some kind of sexual deviant when in actual fact it is completely opposite... I have lost all respect for myself and others around me are rapidly losing it and turning away

Hi @Shimmy I know you said you don't want to see a doctor but do you have a gp you can talk to or any family nice to have you here on the forum I get voices and paranoid too distraction is good what do you like doing I'm into craft

Hey pepsimax, thankyou for taking the time to read. I have a lot of hobbies, or did. I've just been struggling to find the motivation to pick one of them up especially the more creative ones which is something that has always come naturally. Your prob right in that I have to bite the bullet and speak to a doctor... it's just hard to find someone I'm comfortable speaking face to face with, most things I will have to say to them have never been spoken out aloud

When I couldn't say things out loud I would write them down and show my psychiatrist could you do this it was really hard but then I could talk what have you got planned for the rest of the day i have more tidying to do today

Hi Shimmy...

Sorry to hear about your issue, although I have been hearing voices for years now and have recently stumbled across some great news... there may be a solution for us all!

My story may be different to yours, although this could be a spiritual awakening of sorts where you will be on a path of self discovery... this may be a little easier without the negative voices that are plaguing you at the moment 🙂

There are many questions that I could ask you to see if there is any correlation to my journey, and as such I could share some advice with you.

For example... do you ever get a 'tingling' sensation on the top/crown of your head? If you do then you may find that the voices are also present at the same time... if this is the case I have found that RAW PURPLE FOODS help alleviate the issue.

• Try fresh cold pressed juices that are purple in colour
  • Eat some blueberries or dark coloured grapes
  • Try making a raw beetroot salad mixed with walnuts and other things
  • Etc... Etc...

The crown chakra is repreented by violet in colour and as such eating and drinking raw purple foods with all their nutrition and living enzymes still intact will help balance that energy centre, and hopefully get rid of those negative voices you are hearing!

Do you drink alcohol or take any other drugs? Probably a good time to quit if you do.

How did the voices come about? There is a global awakening happening and it may simply be a gentle push into a lifestyle change that will benefit you and those around you... usually if we have a health issue then we simply need to find the source.

I've tried many different things and am currently experimenting with a mostly raw vegan diet which is looking very promising... in particular the purple foods that seem to balance that energy centre and as such get rid of my voices.

Feel free to share more of your story as without knowing the cause and related backstory, it may be difficult to share what may or may not work... although this small brain dump above should get you thinking about the right direction to gow with this 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance