Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

@Shaz51 @Adge  Thank you both xxx I try I really do 🙂

Oh no @Shaz51! Sounds like puree is in the future for Mr Shaz! 

ha ha @Ali11  if he does not watch out he will Smiley LOL

i am purree dinners for mum xxx

Gentle hugs my dear friend @Shaz51, please get some rest.

hello my wonderful special friend @Jacques Heart

had a day of rest today my friend xoxo

tomorrow is mum`s birthday morning tea , mum will be 88 xx

i made some scones today and mr shaz has eaten a few of them already xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yikes @Shaz51   can see that you might be whipping up another batch of scones in the morning so there is no prior opportunity for consumption prior to morning tea. The twin once ate a nut roll I was saving to give to someone in one sitting.

ha ha yep @Former-Member Smiley LOL

welll busy day today aunties and uncles and cousins came for mum`s birthday , so glad that everyone brings a plate xx

we had chicken and spaghetti last night and i purree the rest for mum

this afternoon we cleaned the vaccumms out , loads of ours and mums washing

things in the dryer

everyone liked my scones and mum rang to say i did not leave her any -- tomorrow mum , i will bring some scones and the her dried washing

@Jacques, @Ali11 , @greenpea , @Adge , @Former-Member , @Owlunar , @Faith-and-Hope 

Hello and hugs @Former-Member , @Jacques , @Ali11 , @greenpea , @Adge , @Former-Member , @Determined , @outlander , @Appleblossom , @Owlunar , @Faith-and-Hope 

cleaned mum`s house today and did other jobs for her

Mum is thinking she is repeating herself all the time -- keeps saying she is losing it and wants me to tell her if she has asked me about the same thing

Been pureering our dinner for her == like tonight we had fish cakes , so i have purred some for mum

I don`t want to tell her she is repeating herself

and the stories she tells is what her sister has done in her life , not her life xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Shaz51 

It is so hard when our dear Mum's lose some of their short term memory. Sounds like your mum is aware of what is happening (as my mum is) and I often use a bit of humour and say something like "Mum you're having a seniors moment again,  you've already let me know ..." If you raise these senior moments she might be more amenable to go to the memory clinic.

images (49).jpg

yes , mum says " ohh I have told you that didn`t I -- only a couple of times mum @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance