Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

I've still got alot of bad thoughts running through my head @outlander 

I emailed my psych and got some of it out. That helped a bit.

I just need to try and get through the nights and days as safe as I can until this thinking lifts. It has been a struggle today to stay safe. I have dissociated a few times today too which didn't pan out well. PRN helped.

im glad speaking to your psych in email helped abit. it really sucks and is awful but sometimes it is about riding out the storm isnt it and just keeping safe until it passes a little bit @Snowie
dissociation makes it even harder to manage since we done always know what we are doing in that mode. are you able to recognise when your starting to dissociate and does anything help to bring you back to reality abit?

I cant recognise when I am about to dissociate @outlander By that time my emotions are in full force and I struggle to do anything to bring them down. Most of the time I am not safe when I dissociate. It is a struggle. I try things that I have learnt in DBT, sometimes they help, sometimes not. 

that makes it really tricky doesnt it @Snowie i cant really tell when im going to dissociate either, only prepare for some events when i know i tend to do it.
its hard when unexpected events cause it though such as being triggerred.
maybe your pdoc or psych could help you learn to recognise some of your signs?

I am hoping DBT will help @outlander with the tools I am learning in that. I just have to try and keep going. However I am worried about the path I am heading down again. It is very dark and lonely.

Hi @Snowie 

I'm sorry to read you're struggling. It sounds like you're really trying to stay safe but your emotions and mind can feel like the enemy. But your disassociation is sometimes a way to protect your mind from the really distressing things you might be experiencing.

I hope you are taking care of yourself, whereever you are. Cat Happy

i do hope it helps in time and once youve had plenty of practice at the new skills you learn and have yet to learn about @Snowie @thecolourblue made a good point about dissociation is a way your brains trying to cope with the traumas too.

Thanks @thecolourblue I know it is my way of protecting myself from my traumas. I just have unhealthy behaviours when I dissociate.

@outlanderI'm sorry to put this onto you. I struggle to talk to H about it, I don't want him to worry. I am trying not to do what I did last night again.

your not putting anything onto me @Snowie im glad that your talking tonight. i want and am more then ok to be here for you.
Do you want to keep talking about how to cope or would something else be more helpful?

I'm sorry to read when you disassociate behaviours also end up being distressing for you @Snowie 

@outlander you are right that there are supports out there. Take care of yourself too. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance