Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

@outlanderediting some pics sounds like a great idea for distraction. I found going on you tube and looking at Big Bang Theory bloopers a good distraction. Should try it, some are very funny!!

Always love a good road trip, we went for one the other day to the Snow!!

Today I did the school run in my pj's!!!!! Lucky I didn't get out of the carSmiley Very Happy

lol ill have to have a look @Snowie i havent watched bbt for a while.

i love road trips too, much better with friends though. gets abit boring on my own unless i get thrown in the deep end a few hrs away from home lol.
lol i often take my sisters to school in pjs they are use to it, im sure your kids are too. . the other day i was working on my car in pj pants-bright pink ones mind you lol had a few funny looks as people were walking past wondering why on earth i had my head under the bonnet still in pjs

did D go to school today?

goodnight sis, good luck for tomorrow @Snowie Heart

Morning @Snowie

Today was the first week of Intro to DBT. There were 8 other people in the group so not too big. The room was probably a bit small for my liking and all the chairs were in a circle so could not hide anywhere Smiley Frustrated which made my anxiety rise fairly quickly. The lady taking the course was lovely so easy to like her. I actually spoke a bit when asked a direct question but stayed silent besides that.

We spoke about mental illness and mental health, emotional dysregulation and mindfulness. I have homework, eeekkk!

I found it interesting but physically and emotionally exhausting. I came home and plonked on the couch. My brain is full and simply cannot process anything else tonight. Will be an early night for me.

@outlander@Zoe7@Sans911

So glad you spoke a little @Snowie - you are ahead of me already lol

It does make a difference when the facilitator is nice and you feel comfortable within the group. The homework does suck but it is useful. Do you think you will get a lot out of it?

For first day DBT you did just fine my lovely sister @Snowie

Here if you need help with understanding your homework. It's great you have a lovely facilitator

@Zoe7I think I will get a little bit out of the intro course. It is not till the actual course that I think it will start helping me. But I am trying to keep an open mind atm.

Thanks @Sans911

Homework this week is to do 4-5 mins of mindfulness per day and write it down. 

Goodluck with the homework @Snowie - it is one of those things that definitely gets easier with practice. We are just about to finish Emotion Regulation and not sure what is next.

well done @Snowie you done great! Heart
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance