Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

I struggled with if I should even be writing this as so many people going through a lot themselves in their real life.

But here goes.

Firstly, don't tell me my friends and family would be devastated if I did something to myself. Do they really think I don't think about that and the implications of the. The guilt carried around this is immense.

Secondly, I feel like I am failing at my job. If  I can't help myself then how do I help others. I can sit here a cite sayings, show helpful pictures, connect them to other sites and even tell them they can get trough these things. But how do I believe In all of this when I barely believe it myself. 

My self worth is not exisdent at this time. My dedication to myself has gone. I am afraid of where i am heading and most afraid of those persistent thoughts.

Will sit with this, probably regret it and delete it.

@Snowie I hear you Hon and can see just how hard it is for you to be sitting with all this.

What I do know is your immense strength, insight and kindness you show to others. Despite how hard most days are for you, you show up for others, keep that hope alive and continue to support so many. You may not always feel the same things within yourself that you do for others but you do continue to be here for those members also struggling. To me that shows incredible strength and kindness ...2 characteristics of your own personality that we both admire and love of you. 

I know that place where you cannot see any way forward nor feel any self worth - but we can absolutely tell you how important you are here on the forums, how much you make a difference to so many every day and how much your continued struggles actually give others hope because despite it being so hard for you, you continue to hold others up. You, my dear, dear friend, are amazing. I love you very much although we only know each other through the screen. This world would be a lesser place without you and the forums would definitely lose a champion. 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Hey @Snowie, i am sorry to hear you are struggling....i can see others are supporting you. Dont forget all the services you can access for support such as Lifeline 131114... and i am aware you know your supports. 

Please don't underestimate the support you give people on here. we are all here for you, and as you know things are always changing...and this feeling will pass. But please access your supports if you need to. You can also email us if you want to anytime. Please take care of yourself today.

Kind regards 

Traveller

Hey @Snowie  im so sorry that things are so dark and hard for you. I hope that today is a little bit brighter for you. Sitting with you today.💕

Thanks @Bow @traveller @Zoe7 

Have slept most of the day away. 

I hope your days have gone well

Take care @Snowie 

Sometimes sleep is what we need Hon. Hugs and hugs and hugs @Snowie 💙💙💙

Hugs for you @Snowie  The world is better with you in it too my friend.

🤗🤗🤗

Hugs my @Snowie ❤❤❤

@Snowie  I missed your post 2 days ago, but I wanted to thank you for sharing 💔

I want to echo what the others said, that the world would be poorer without you 💙

Sending wishes that the SI would ease and go away 💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance