Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

My head wont shut up.

I am getting a little worried but also i am not sure if i should be i havent been to sleep before 4am for weeks and i go nearly all day without eating or drinking and have been very physically active and studying 4-5 or more hours a day. i am up at 8am most days and out at uni most of the day then study all evening. I am sometimes physically tired but my head wont stop going and i feel like i constantly need to be doing something even when my muscles ache and start to shake i feel like i need to be moving. despite all of this studying there is still so much to do. and i am struggling to keep things organized like my routine is basically gone other than appointments or school. i am really stuggling to keep hydrated and mostly i forget to drink. and i just keep having these mini crashes but then it starts up again. and i can feel my body is getting exhausted but my head is like it feels like it just keeps growing and getting more swirling around in it. I just dont even know what is happening anymore i keep thinking i must be fine because i am still keeping up with studies but then everything else is a mess i dont know what to do. i have no support at the moment and i cant see anyone for another month and ugh even if i could there is nothing left to do anymore i have gone through all of my options and there is nothing left i just dont know what to do. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: My head wont shut up.

@Eden1919  Hi Eden1919 I hear you. Sounds like sleep is the main issue atm ... can you go to your gp and maybe he/she might give you something mild to help you with that. I find if I don't get enough sleep it sends me down a slippery spiral. I am really happy that you are seeing someone (shame it cannot be sooner for you). Maybe they can put you on a waiting list in case there are any cancellations. Can you carry around a small  bottle of water around uni and when you sit in class force yourself to have a few sips  every so often. Make it a goal to drink 500 mils in one day to start with.

I really hope this helps. Love greenpea xx

Hello @Eden1919 

I hope you got some rest and sleep. I also hear you loud and clear, it's a difficult time when your head wont shut up I know the feeling well. When i'm in that space i try mindfullness and breathing, I'll generally try and lay somewhere quiet, yesterday I did it in a small park I lay down on the soft grass and even though there was a busy intersection nearby I was able to maintain my breathing and take my mind to a deserted island with only a palm tree for shade. I was able to hear the birds in the park and also imagined listened to the ocean waves rolling onto the beach of my imaginary island. 

Reality is this doesn't always work but when it does It can be very helpfull to calm my mind even if only for 5 mins and I,m greatfull for that.. I also find that it can be helpfull when trying to get to sleep.

I hope you have a better day today, stay strong and remember breathe in breathe out and repeat.

hi @Eden1919 sitting with you & sorry to hear you are experiencing these struggles. When my head won't stop it's my psychotic symptoms starting up, generally accompanied by high irritation then rage. I usually rage-eat so food & water is not a problem for me. 

@greenpea 's advice about water & sleep sounds wise, you don't want to get dehydrated or too sleep deprived.

There should be a free counselling service at uni, maybe they can see you at short notice. I know it's not the same as seeing the counsellor of your choice but maybe it would help?

There should also be free doctor's service at uni so that may be easier to fit into your busy schedule than seeing your regular GP.

I hope you are at least enjoying your studies. It's great you're keeping up but maybe you don't need to study so hard or maybe you could think about going part-time to make room for the rest of your routune. If you hang out with freinds at lunch time maybe that would give your body a rest & remind you to try to drink & eat cos your friends are eating.

@greenpea  I am already on the waiting list for an earlier appontment and honestly i dont think there is anything anyone can do at this point. 

@Jigsaw thanks relaxation taks dont really help me much and my head isnt the anxious kind of noisy anyway. 

@BryanaCamp  there are no free GP's on campus there are some counsellors but i dont really want to see them. 

I dont mean to be all negative about everyones suggestions i do appreciate to time and effort it just feels like at this point i have tried all of those things over and over again and nothing ever seems to be working and thats no ones fault but it is so frustrating and really draining when you have run out of options and have no choice but to put up with the crap. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance