Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Milo1
Contributor

Life after suicide

Hi, I'm new to this so bear with me. 
I lost my son 5 weeks ago to suicide & I literally feel like my heart has been ripped out. Each day is getting harder & harder, I don't know how we go on living without him. My brain cannot comprehend I will never see him again. The pain is unbearable. 

27 REPLIES 27

Re: Life after suicide

@Milo1  Welcome to the forums.

I am so sorry to hear you have lost your son. I can understand feeling your heart has been ripped out, and unbearable pain.

Do you have any support?

Sometimes your GP is a good place to start.

We are here listening and caring. 💞💞💞

@Owlunar .

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Milo1 There are no words. Sending ever so gentle thoughts your way.

@WinterSun 

@Milo1 I am sorry to hear of your tragic loss

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time

we are here to sit with you... hold your hand... listen if you want to talk... and comfort you Heart

Hello @Milo 

Im so sorry for the loss of your son.

It is a difficult road to walk and an endless sadness.

We lost our 26 year old son on New Year’s Day 18 months ago. Huge unexpected loss.

Like you we joined a club we never wanted to be a part of survivors of suicide.

It can be terribly difficult to keep moving forward after such a disaster especially as our lives stop and everyone else’s continue to move on.

When you are ready, and it may take months or more, I highly recommend attending a suicide support group. Here we were able to sit with others who had endured the same tragedy and for a time I was able to feel somewhat normal. We were encouraged to talk about our loss and our son. It helped to understand the situation we were in and he was in.

If you can stay in touch with your gp for support and talk out your grief. Consellors are highly recommended for support.

We learned that the grief doesn’t diminish but you learn to build a life around it. Though not physically the thoughts and love for your son can stay alive.

I think you can dm me if you want to msg.

How old was your dear son ?

My thoughts are with you as another mum who has had to bear the unbearable.

WinterSun

It can be a grief beyond words. @Milo1 Slowly there are survivor groups.  They can help, or a Gp.

Heart

Swirly patterns in stoneSwirly patterns in stoneIt will be autumn soon...It will be autumn soon...

Condolences

L Holberg Yellow RosesL Holberg Yellow Roses

Welcome, @Milo1 . I'm so sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your son. 

I am concerned about professional support for you in your unbearable pain... Do you have a counsellor? Your GP can give you a mental health plan and refer you for up to 10 subsidised sessions with a psychologist per year.

Thinking of you as you suffer and grieve.

@WinterSun , I'm sorry for your loss also. 😞

Hi @Milo1 

I am so sorry this has happened  - I have been through this myself and I know how terrible this is  

How I wish I could comfort you but there are no right words I can say to console you and there is nothing that can ease your terrible loss 

It is true that time will pass and it will be easier   - that cannot be jumped over though  - we have to get there one day at a time 

There are people who umderstand  - it might help to find a chapter of The Compassionate Friends - bereaved parents who know personally how distressed you are and there are other bereaved parents here 

Suicide is a tripple whammy  - a death   - a violent death and then the stigma of suicide

Please keep in touch  - the people here are supporting 

Dec 

And yes  - I understand 

Thanks for the tag  @Maggie  - I'm glad you did 

Dec 

Thanks for saying that @Owlunar . I know you are in so much physical  pain atm, I was reluctant, but knew No one would understand this more. So Thankyou for replying. Take care of yourself. 💞💞💞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance