Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

How are you doing today @Flying_Hams ?

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

G'day @Molliex

Not bad thanks my friend.

Just trying my best. That is all I can do.

Just went to gym.

Will likely go to city to get clothes for work - need some new ones.

Then might grab a bite to eat for lunch. Will see how I go.

Hope you are well my friend d

Sounds like a productive day @Flying_Hams. I really miss the gym, but I won't go back for a little while. 

@outlander @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @TAB @greenpea @BlueBay @Meowmy @Everan @Appleblossom @frog @eth @Gazza75 @Angels333 @Sophia1 @Faith-and-Hope @CheerBear
@Ant7 @Adge @Sherry @Owlunar @Scarecrowe @Dani1981 @Molliex @Jacques @Former-Member @Former-Member @Bill16

Hey forumites

WAs a good day until just after dinner

Ended up arguing with my dad about work and career based stuff again. I think sometimes he doesn't realise how hard it is to break into a field one is interested in these days. If I actually had my heart set on going into diplomacy or international affairs then I'd have to go and learn 2 languages and also do a masters course. I simply don't have the funds for that. And my folks may or may not support the cost of something like that but that's not the point - I'm not interested in taking their money anymore. I'm not a kid anymore and in the past year or so I'm enjoying my own money and earning my own way. They can support me in other ways - whatever they may be. Maybe they don't even know what that is yet..

Anyway. I'm a bit depressed as a result of this argument because it has got me thinking that I've wasted my time going to University. I don't feel convinced that I did. But it's just an inkling of a doubt.

My priority is to find a better job and also get enough money to move out and have my own place. But this requires A LOT of upheaval and change. I'd need to retrain, reskill and commit to something. I'm not sure if I am comfortable doing that yet.

I am 26 and will be 27 in a few months and I'm over being stuck.

I just need to know where to go next.

But maybe the only way of "knowing" is to try other stuff?

My dad said he doesn't want to have to hear from me in 3 years still talking about being stuck in my current job - this was him expressing his anger at what he thinks is indifference. But I've been trying to find stuff related to my degree area and it's simply the case that I need more qualifications in that area - something I need money for.

Maybe it's time I tell this to both of my parents. That the only way to get anywhere else is for a masters - but I'd need money and my GPA is bad so that won't help either.

I'm really lost

You are a wise man @Flying_Hams - keep going on this 'knowing' journey as it is all coming together. Often people (including our parents) project their own concerns/insecurities/ inadequacies onto us...don't make these yours as they don't  belong to you. Follow your heart. Keep being you 🤔🙂

End of unaccustomed working week here @Flying_Hams so R&R

heyyyy @Flying_Hams 

now jobs for us today 

raining sooo much up here again 

good to see you shazzo @Shaz51

Hope you are dry. Are you safe? How bad is the storm ?

Good evening @Flying_Hams how was your day?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance